Why its so hard to get AND KEEP friends in here??

Options
hello mfp members!
ive been using this since 2012 on and off. Last time I re-joined i deleted most of all of my friends cause they were no longer active, but it has been so hard to get new ones :(
I got around 15-18 few months ago, now I have 11 :s
You all know that its better and easier with friends, seeing all the posts and progress and of course getting all the support as well.
Now let me tell you about me:
Mexican girl.. 5`1" and right now Im 139 lbs. My first goal is to reach 130.. ultimate goal 120. Hopefully ill be there by christmas.
Of course I also speak spanish.. I love dogs, winter and planes (traveling by plane in general, i find planes fascinating!)

If you want more friends, are active and like to get and give support please send a friend request!
Ill be happy to add you :)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've been here over 7 years now. I also love dogs!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    B)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    How to do that ? Not easy 😅😅

ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's not you. People are people. Some commit, some don't. What you NEED to find are people who are actually committed to the process and stay in touch with them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi Eliza. I find it frustrating that people will request me, and then aren't active with me. It doesn't make sense, and I don't know why they bothered. I keep my friend list to a manageable size so that I can stay active and supportive with everyone. And when people aren't active, I give them some time, but then I'll delete them. I'm always happy to add friends who WILL be active and supportive. So I'm sending you a request! I'll be around for you!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    It takes at least 6 fish to create a comfortable school of fish. There are many fishes in the sea. Some are active out here in the main pool and others like the accountability of friends. You can do both but sometimes, when you're letting it all hang out you don't want to wear people out. :#
  • ageingtechno
    ageingtechno Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    suzyjmcd2 wrote: »
    Hi Eliza. I find it frustrating that people will request me, and then aren't active with me. It doesn't make sense, and I don't know why they bothered. I keep my friend list to a manageable size so that I can stay active and supportive with everyone. And when people aren't active, I give them some time, but then I'll delete them. I'm always happy to add friends who WILL be active and supportive. So I'm sending you a request! I'll be around for you!

Eliza, just as this lady, Suzy says, it is a case of enjoying supportive accountability buddies, but if they are unactive for a period of time, delete! I have found (when on here some time ago) that a close collection of active, supportive buddies, is key.
  • EmilyEnough
    EmilyEnough Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    on and off since 2009. Exper the same thing. would love some more female friends who are active on MFP.
  • black_diamonds_8
    black_diamonds_8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've never had any active friends on here and came here several years ago based on recommendation from another tracker that had a great community. The other tracker I used (calorie count by about.com) unfortunately shut down hence the recommendation for MFP. I honestly feel it's a little more difficult to find and keep friends on MFP. I wish there was a public feed to follow but then also the ability choose to friend/support whoever you feel you connect with so that you can also have a set group of supporters. Anyways, I'm always open to connecting with new people.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I've been here on and off since 2013/14. Provided our "on" periods line up, we can be friends. My friends have been quiet lately. I'm sure I'll be here on and off for my whole life to maintain properly. I'm 7lb away from goal now after baby 2 and then hopefully it's onto maintenance... unless a baby 3 happens. Then its more up, followed by exhausted silence, followed by back and working my way back down again.

And hey if you like winter, I can take a photo of all the snow we are getting right now for you. I think we are at a couple of inches at least already. Maybe ill see if the kids want to make a snow ghost tomorrow lol.