Looking for fellow runners..(not to single anyone out)

Options
Hi, everyone!

I'm brand new to MFP and I was looking for people who were passionate about running. I fell in love with running around May or June and just recently completed my first 5k! I'd love to meet people who love to run too! I really like hearing about other people's training methods, where they're running, how far, etc.

Feel free to add me! The more friends the better!

Keep running : )

Replies

• meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I love running! :) My husband tried it for two months so we could do it together, hated it, and quit. lol. I would love more running friends!
  • Felixelus
    Felixelus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Well done on the 5k! I remember my first 5k fondly...it was hard but awesome :)
    I've recently done a half-marathon and I guess I need inspiration about what to challenge myself to next (one of the many reasons I trawl these boards :P)
    What are you planning next?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey me too! started running in may and my first 5k is on sunday! i can manage 10ks now and working towards running more!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Is club open to anyone addicted to running? I just rant a half marathon on Monday, my third half this year. I've also run 3 -10Km, and 2-5Km this year. I am currently sitting at about 570 Miles for the year...

As a hobby, I coach 10K Running Clinics at the Running Room.
  • MsWriter
    MsWriter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've recently started running! I couldn't run down the street 3 months ago but last month completed my first fun run...14kms! I've started doing 5km night runs once a week and next weekend will attempt my second fun run 9kms. I'm not overly fast but my main aim is to finish each run without stopping. I'm really starting to like it! This from a girl who hated running her whole life. Feel free to add me.
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    Options
    I just blogged about my running.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/R4z0r4Mm0/view/i-am-a-runner-145218

***I love runner-friends*** feel free to add me anyone.

Lost 32kg and beat my 14km race 3 years ago by almost an hour. Now training for my first half-marathon in 36 weeks.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Just started running again and I love it!
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Are you guys on dailymile.com? If anybody is, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm shawn526 over there, too :)

Run Happy!!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm in the midst of C25K. I hurt my knee just before I was to run my first 5K in June and had to take off a month or so, but I hope to run a 5K in October. :-)
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    have been running by myself for years but just signed up for my first official races - hoping to run a 3k on Oct 1st and an 8k on Oct 30th! :-)
  • slb106
    Options
    I used to run while in college and did a bunch of 5K races. I started back up again this past March and I'm hooked even more now. I'm running my first half-marathon in 4 weeks, and I'm so excited! Add me if you want :smile:
  • 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love running! I started running last year, injured my knee and needed surgery, and have just started up again a few months ago. I've been hooked! I have my first 5k scheduled for the end of the month. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE some running buddies (even if it's only online!)!!
  • artsyathlete
    Options
    I'm a runner (its fun to say and mean that :) ). I did my first 5k right before I got pregnant with my first kiddo (16+ years ago) but didn't start running really regularly until about four years ago when I did my first half marathon. Since then I've done 10 marathons, 1 Ironman, 3 half ironmans, 2 25k trail runs, and lots and lots of half marathons, 10k, 12k, and 5ks. I'm going to do my first ultra this spring with a 50k trail run. I'm definitely addicted!

Shawn526 I looked for you on Daily Mile but couldn't find you is there a space? I'm Nicole L.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I want to Run so bad but don't know where to start. It is my dream to run, please any tips will be appreciated.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    college cross country runner here ! :D
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I finished c25k in July. I am working on a 10k right now and also on improving my time for 5k. I can honestly say I am addicted to running now! My husband is doin c25k now, and hopefully this will be something we can do together.

Feel free to add me...I need more runner friends!
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love running. I started in February with C25K and am now training for a 10K. I'd eventually like to run a marathon. Feel free to friend me!
  • shawn526
    Options
    Shawn526 I looked for you on Daily Mile but couldn't find you is there a space? I'm Nicole L.

I think I found you over there, Nicole. I sent a friend request :)
  • shawn526
    Options
    Are you guys on dailymile.com? If anybody is, feel free to add me as a friend. I'm shawn526 over there, too :)

Run Happy!!

Oops, I'm marathongirl74 on daily mile :blushing: Embarrassing when you don't know your own login name, lol
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love running! A great way to improve your endurance and speed is to invest in a weighted vest! I do 12-18 miles at a moderate jogging pace (6-6.5 mph) each week with 30lbs. It has really helped me improve my time and distance.