Affordable rowing machines?

2»

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    I love my concept 2. If you don’t want to wait though, you can find deals on them on the used market: Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, etc

Sorry but there are no "deals" to be had anywhere for a C2 (new or used) in the 2ndary mkt unless it isreally ild or worn

As noted above, ppl are trying 2 sell new ones for $1100-1200 bc of C2's production delays.

C2 is now limiting how many ppl can order from them to 2, apparently bc ppl are trying 2 flip them 4 a profit.

And ppl are trying to sell used Model D's w/PM3s (superceded by PM5) for $800-$1K.

Better 2 just get on the waitlist at C2 and pay "just" $945 shipped for a band new Model D w/PM5 and a full mfg warranty.

It'll just take 4-6 wks to get one and, if u order now, it should arrive in time for Xmas. :smile:
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Regarding used C2, just looked at CL recently and people are actually adking $1100+ for them when they only retail for $900 plus $45 shipping new.

CRAZY!!!

C2 is backordered on them and you'll have 2 wait 2-3 months to get one right now but frankly I'd wait rather than be price gouged by opportunists.

On the other hand, there was a Viking waterrower for sale for just $700 and if I needed/wanted a rower RIGHT NOW that's the one I'd buy assuming everything checked out and then resell it to get a C2 later.

Most people aren’t charging OVER retail for used ones, but you have to be FAST. Like respond within 5 minutes of it being posted fast to get a good deal. You can setup alerts on Facebook marketplace. I’ve bought and sold close to a dozen of these over the last few years, so I know the deals are out there.

For example, yesterday I missed out on a model D for sale for $200 in VA. About 2.5 hrs of driving each way, but for a CRAZY good deal, I was in! Messaged the seller at 9 min and it was already pending pickup though.