lost motivation

Options
Hi I have been using this app which is excellent for a long time but lost my motivations. Any tips

Replies

• Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Find a group challenge, and play to win!
  • siebel4104
    siebel4104 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have found that when I loose my motivation two things help. Talking about what has taken the wind out of your sails or exercising. If I exercise it seems to make me want to eat healthy. I don’t know what it is...maybe if I put the effort into working out then It would be a waste to not eat right. Also sometimes getting out for a walk in the fresh air lifts my spirits. I have a long way to go so I know I will have this problem again but it feels good to have something to do to help get me through another week.
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Energy derives from both the plus and negative! feed off the negative, instead of always looking for affirmation, not being rude, so let me explain, maybe there is someone in your family who is snotty and also big, so use them as a little motivation / competition to kick it into gear, also do not work for My Fitness Pal, make it work for you, seems like a lot of people spend way too much time on this site or this app when they could be going for a nice 30 minute walk instead.

Multitask, listen to music while you walk/exercise, or listen to an audio book, or call your kids while you walk and that's your walk and talk time, or walk your dog. be creative

you can do it
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Remember your "why". My why is my health. I also give myself a small non food reward sometimes. Yesterday it was sitting on a bench just enjoying nature after my walk.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Search for meaning instead of motivation. Find the deeper reasons for doing all of this and you'll create momentum. Meaning always exists and that's what we have to find. Meaning should be at the center of all that we do. Finding the deeper meaning will motivate you like no one else can. It's what separates us from the animal kingdom.

Generally speaking, most of this stuff is mental. Many look for motivation and inspiration hoping that it will jack UP their willpower. All of these things are based out emotion and they run out.
    Emotions are limited resources.

Find the deeper meaning. Seek the treasure. It's in your innermost being. The deeper meaning will drive, drive, drive you with focus and consistency. You'll be in the driver's seat. Do everything on your own terms. Take what you need from a bunch of different sources. Make this yours, all yours.

Just do it. Put on your nikes and just do what needs to be done. Those shoes give you the ability and permission slip to do anything you want to. Think of of them as your glass slippers.

tenor.gif?itemid=12768367

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    z13a2w1n11dp.png