Banking calories

Options
I keep seeing where people say their banking calories for a certain day for a special meal or something or treat. I saw somebody say this is a premium feature but I cannot find it ? Help ?

Replies

• snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Click Premium > Different Goals by Day. Under Set Custom Daily Goals click Add Daily Goal. From there you can tailor your caloric intake by day.
  • laralosingit42
    laralosingit42 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! Not sure that is banking calories though?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    I do not have premium.

But on app version you can set it to see your weekly calories - as well as your daily calories.

So, for example, by trimming each day by about 100ish you can bank 600 calories for a treat on the weekend.

So you will get to last day of week and, if your daily allowance is 1400, you will see you have 2000 left for the week
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Banking calories means you undereat on your calories for a certain time in order to enjoy a meal without going over your calories and remaining in a deficit. Personally Im not a fan but it seems to work for a lot of people.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I'm a premium member. There is no specific banking calories function in MFP, other than the workaround that @snuff15ee suggested.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I 'bank' calories in one of two ways:

If I'm planning for drinks on the weekend, I'll save/earn extra calories perhaps on Thur and Fri and log 1 drink each day. Such as I may log a drink on Thur, on Friday and 2 on Saturday but really consume them all on Saturday.

Or I'll make a manual entry into my calendar such as 'banked calories 250' and then 'allow' myself to go over goal by 250 on a later day.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I do not have premium, but simply bank my calories by seeing how many calories I have left each day and adding them up over the course of the week.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I will bank calories before a holiday or major event but not on a regular basis. I don't do it formally, I just eat less over the few days leading up to the holiday. My issue is getting back on track after- not continuing that way of eating.
  • laralosingit42
    Options
    Gotcha - it would be a cool feature.
  • laralosingit42
    Options
    Also it would be a cool feature as I am learning how to use exercise calories just to be able
    To assign a % you wanted to use to eat with each day. For instance I would like to be able to eat 25% of them but not all
    Of them so wish they had something you could set them to that . Applying them to macros does not seem like a useful premium
    Feature at all
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You can bank calories anyway without premium membership.