Lunch!

Options
I’ll preface this ask with letting you know that I become a very habitual eater when I love something. For the last 7 months (no exaggeration) I have had a smoothie for lunch every day. It’s becoming cold outside, and I’m becoming bored. I’m looking for some good ideas for low cal lunches that I don’t have to think about. My job is very consuming, so taking time away from the day to make lunch is very challenging. I’m also not a great meal prepper.

Any ideas are welcome!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've been eating roasted cauliflower. I love it! I get Goya chipotle chiles in adobo, chop one up, mix it in a bowl with chopped cauliflower, garlic, Bragg's liquid aminos, mushrooms, olive oil, and a little cumin. Roast in a pan with chickpeas. Mmm...
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I crockpoted a bunch of chicken breast, and with some of it I added salsa to it with a serving of light sour cream on top itcwas yummy!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Clear broth soup (i.e., not "cream of") with lots of veggies and some lean protein are low cal and warming as the weather changes. If you're not into making it yourself (prepping a pot for the week), you can buy canned or fresh ready-to-eat if your market has that.

Similar idea for lean-protein and veggie-based stews, except that they will tend to be a little calorie-denser since a stew by definition has a higher proportion of solids to liquids, and often starts with a fat-based roux or dredging meat/poultry in flour and browning it in fat.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    In a rush I often grab some sliced turkey and a bag of sugar snap peas with some hummus or Bitchen Sauce for dip. Quick and easy, low cal and a decent amount of protein plus some carbs and fat. 😋
  • dremilymaya
    dremilymaya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My go to lunches are
    Baby tomato and pesto pasta
    Couscous/quinoa/bulgar wheat with veg and dressing
    Butter beans, cannellini beans and tinned tuna with red onion, corriander and a squeeze of lemon juice
    Rice salad with little prawns/chicken/feta and veg

I'm a big fan of couscous in particular because it's so quick and easy! I always keep a tin of soup and some ryvitas in for when I haven't prepped. I don't know what country you're in but Tesco do some fab plantchef soups that are less than 200 calories per tin and so so tasty.

My lunch today is bulgar wheat, roast butternut squash, broccoli and feta with a balsamic, ginger, lemon and chilli dressing, it's delicious and filling!
  • dremilymaya
    dremilymaya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll also add that most of the time I base the pasta/rice/grain part off what we have for dinner the night before, I just do an extra portion then set aside for lunch.