Waxing smooth for men a good idea?

Options
So my Bf is always bugging me to stay waxed (I do all over) and I finally turned the tables and told him he needed to also which was kind of a joke but he took me seriously and waxed everything including his legs and his armpits which is a little weird. We’ve been dating for like 3 months and I’m not sure how I feel about it. It’s seems a little metrosexual for me but I dunno his smooth skin does feel good against mine.

Anyone have any experience with this? What do you think?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    If you guys like it, carry on. Yes, your brain will find it odd for a while, because it's not what you're used to, but that may go away. (Or not.)

I'm used to seeing women without armpit hair, so my brain found it odd when I was places where women didn't shave, but it eventually stopped registering. Ditto someone's nose ring and someone else's wandering eye (amblyopia).
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My husband just admitted to an interest in waxing his back. I'm trying to be supportive without acting too excited.

i know many women who are in the same boat ;)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    His body, his choice. Just as it should be your body, your choice.

Just gonna say that to me, the speed with which he jumped on your joking suggestion conjures up some thoughts about why he was so insistent that you wax all over. Of course, he may still need the OP to provide him with the "excuse" to do what he really wanted all along.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    If you guys like it, carry on. Yes, your brain will find it odd for a while, because it's not what you're used to, but that may go away. (Or not.)

I'm used to seeing women without armpit hair, so my brain found it odd when I was places where women didn't shave, but it eventually stopped registering. Ditto someone's nose ring and someone else's wandering eye (amblyopia).

Yes, your brain is programmed opposite to mine. I only have one mother and one wife, but I read enough to notice that a different fashion has developed around us over the years. So I begin to look out for it a bit more in public places like the beach, and there's no definite consensus where I am.
  • Kateinyourdreams
    Kateinyourdreams Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    His body, his choice. Just as it should be your body, your choice.

Just gonna say that to me, the speed with which he jumped on your joking suggestion conjures up some thoughts about why he was so insistent that you wax all over. Of course, he may still need the OP to provide him with the "excuse" to do what he really wanted all along.

Ha that’s your opinion
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Well, my opinion is irrelevant to what you should find attractive. If you like it, you do you. If its comfortable for him and to him I guess thats the important thing. Just like if you don't want to wax...your choice.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Imo he can't tell you what to do and you shouldnt tell him what to do.. its just hair. Its not a big deal. Your body is yours and you're allowed to not always be on top of things hair wise. You have a life besides just grooming yourself. He shouldn't hound you about it.

What would you do if his body was naturally fairly hairless? Make him grow hair?
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I’m not going to comment on whether you will continue to find his waxed body unusual, but I will say that nobody has a right to tell us what to do with our bodies. We all find different things a turn off and it’s defo a good idea to be honest with your partner, but one should never impose our ideals on the person we love. Please do what YOU want - if he struggles to accept that then maybe he isn’t the right one for you...
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what he feels comfortable with too and what makes him happy. Hair or no hair can be hot either way!
  • TRI_39
    TRI_39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wax / shave for cycling, leave the armpits though
  • TRI_39
    TRI_39 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Got to be smooth
  • Kateinyourdreams
    Kateinyourdreams Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm why not the pits🤔 what’s good for the gal is good for the guy