the weight loss secret!!

Options
there isn't one.

the 17 day diet, 1 days diet, 3 day diet, 8372819238 day diet... no. just no.
Diet pills? NO.

What works? Proper nutrition and exercise. That's what MFP is for. Not for diets that require a half grape fruit every half hour. You need balance. I think people look for other ways because they don't want to commit to a lifestyle of proper nutrition and exercise. It takes dedication and motivation and, yeah, it's hard sometimes but it's worth sticking to. Once you make it a habit to eat right and exercise it will be less difficult. I know my weight will stay OFF because it's taken me 5 months to lose it.
Just my two cents.

Replies

• 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You speak the truth.... 220lbs lost the old fashioned way, no secret!
  • drk_diva
    drk_diva Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! You look FAB!!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    one secret: the law of thermodynamics.

burn more than you consume. that is my advice to anyone who asks how i lost my weight.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    People don't realize that it took time for the weight to get on. It will take time (and lots of proper eating and exercising) for it to go away. Great work on your part.

PS- Awesome legs. Love the calf shot. When my wife dons the high heels, it does something :)
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    absolutely true *S*

All successful attempts to reach good health and weight start (and continue for life), with first changing the way we think about food and stop looking for the gimmick miracle fixes. *S*
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Agreed! It works for me :bigsmile:
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    agreed! also amazing(!!) legs! your calfs look so strong
  • lauralizzy90
    Options
    I wish more people would realize this.