what do you do for exercise?

Options
I have a little house that I can't fit any exercise equipment in . And I don't have the money for a gym memebership. What can I do ?

Replies

• januarywife
    januarywife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do the Walk At Home dvds with Leslie Sansone,love them and have lost weight ,58 # so far!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Running! It's free, right outside your front door, and is an AWESOME burn.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You can use DVD's, bodyweight exercises like squats, pushups, ab work etc... lots of options out there for ya, just find one that keeps ya motivated and is fun...
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Do you have cable...if so with OnDemand? If so there are tons of exercise classes on there. Look for DVD's on sale. Otherwise, go for walks, jog when the weather is ok. You can look up many different exercise routines online to follow along with.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    you have a few options (at least):

1. "the world is your treadmill". You can go for a brisk walk or, depending on your fitness level, jog outside. Jog around your neighborhood or find a nice place where you can jog. Costs nothing.

2. there are a LOT of bodyweight exercises you can do. bodyweight exercises are a form of resistance training (your own body is the resistance). you can find bodyweight exercises on youtube (free), bodyrock.tv (free), and Craig Ballantyne's Turbulence Training 6 months of bodyweight exercises (costs money)....among other places.

3. you can purchase a work-out DVD or two.

4. you can do sprint intervals.....either jog/sprint, walk/sprint, or sprint/bodyweight exercise intervals. I do all 3 types.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Walking or swimming in a local pool. There are no free pools near me but I am led to believe there are a lot other places!
  • melissa_leah
    Options
    30 day shred :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    DVDs?? There are tons of different options. I do Zumba DVDs and some resistance exercises (lunges, squats, resistance bands, pushups). I love Zumba, it is great fun!!. The strength stuff is not.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing P90 and have done other DVD's in the past & I also love to walk. Just be sure to find something you find fun so it doesn't feel like you are forcing yourself to do the exercise.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Zumba/Tae Bo/ 30DS all DVDs. Sometimes I go to an actual Zumba class
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    Tubes and bands work for added resistance!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I have sex. ALL THE TIME.

:)

Oh and hand weights and walking too. 30DS is pretty fun.
  • katejang81
    katejang81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Get an exercise ball,some weights,rubber bands,hula hoop and a jump rope. some much you can do with them. P90X and Zumba DVDs are fun.You can go for walks,runs or even bike rides. hope that helps :smile:
  • theaquallama
    Options
    I'm the kind of person who can't do exercise dvds every day because it's just so boring. I too have a small place and what I find works really well for me (don't laugh) is Just Dance 2. Yes, It's a video game but it's really fun and has me sweating without even realizing it. :)
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love the video games too - I have Dance Central.:)
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a small apt. ( it's just me ) but I just started using Resistence Bands...its like a complete home gym. I do muscle and Cardio.
    You can take them anywhere...I got a 15pc set on EBay for $9.99

I also, do the stairs in my building it burns alot of calories.
  • rdmchugh
    Options
    I travel for a living so there is no knowing how much space or what sort of equipment will be available. My answer has been TAI CHI! I do it outside when ever I can. If I cannot go outside, I can generally find an exercise mat or a stairwell or I have been known to move furniture around in my hotel room. This page has a link to the BEST Tai Chi video I have ever used (and I have been through a few). This video is easy to follow, easy to learn and not expensive.

http://www.worldtaichiday.org/
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. Walk. I gradually tripled the length of my dog's walks to 45 minutes (2X a day when I can't go to the gym). This gives my most of the minimum recommended exercise.

2. Don't underestimate calisthenics (push ups, crunches, jumping jacks, lunges etc.) there is a reason they form the core of military PT and are a training camp staple.
  • potuschris
    Options
    When it's nice out, I'd say go for a walk/run or ride a bike. If you have cold winters and going outside is not an option as much, I'd recommend DVDs or something along those lines. Or you can go walk around an indoor mall. Another thing I try to do is make an effort to walk more in basic day to day (not a full on workout but a little exercise) i.e. at work, I'll walk the long way to the bathroom or when driving places, I'll park at the end of the parking lot so I have to walk farther to the door.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have sex. ALL THE TIME.

:)

Oh and hand weights and walking too. 30DS is pretty fun.

I've never thought of myself as prude, but Whoa!!! How do the hand weights and walking work while having sex. Or the 30 DS?!?!?