No sugar

Options
Hello anyone know any apps or recipes for food or snacks with no sugar I'm currently doing the Mediterranean diet. But looking to cut down on sugar thank you!!!
Also any fatty liver tips?
Currently down 30 pounds!!!

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Are you interested in truly sugar free recipes or recipes without added sugar?

Like, do you eat fruit?
  • marrufo06
    marrufo06 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was just looking I didn't know there was simple carbs and sugar and added sugar my doc just told me to stop the sugar carbs and red meat and I'm like omg everything has sugar I just don't know what to eat even veggies and fruit have it it's discouraging
  • marrufo06
    Options
    And thank you !!! I appreciate it
  • marrufo06
    Options
    Thank you all so much idk how to reply to all of ur post so I hope u guys can read this. My doc just told me stay away from sugar and no red meat and low carbs I was and am doing the Mediterranean diet but time to time I have sugar and love chips :( so added sugar and no sugar at all kinda like a detox to see if that works is what I was looking for I didn't know there was a difference lol thank you guys for that. Lol I have blood work coming up soon and he wants me to stay away from sugar for 12 weeks to see if that helps with fatty liver. And it's like everything has sugar!! And simple carbs I didn't know there was a difference there either smh hope this makes sense I just seen zucchini had sugar in it is that good sugar or bad ?!?!? Thank youuuu alll
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am sure your doctor does not mind if you get sone sugar from fresh fruit and veggies, but if there is a medical issue going on I would recommend you ask him how much sugar from those sources he is ok with. - Complex carbs are better than simple carbs, but, again, ask your doctor about recommendations on how much carbs "low carb" is.

Healthline has an article on eating with fatty liver problems.

https://www.healthline.com/health/fatty-liver-diet

The article should give you a place to start from.
  • marrufo06
    Options
    Thank you I appreciate u have a bless day
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    marrufo06 wrote: »
    I have blood work coming up soon and he wants me to stay away from sugar for 12 weeks to see if that helps with fatty liver. And it's like everything has sugar!! And simple carbs I didn't know there was a difference there either smh hope this makes sense I just seen zucchini had sugar in it is that good sugar or bad ?!?!? Thank youuuu alll

Given that explanation, I strongly suspect that he means added sugar, NOT all foods with sugar. I'd call the office to ask if uncertain. (From what I've seen about fatty liver diets, usually the recommendation is no added sugar, limit sat fat, and eating fiber rich carbs, fruit, veg is all encouraged, and that sounds like what you are being recommended to do. See here https://liverfoundation.org/for-patients/about-the-liver/diseases-of-the-liver/nonalcoholic-steatohepatitis-information-center/nash-treatment/#:~:text=Eating a healthy diet that's,good fats like olive oil.)

Yes, most plant foods (like fruit and veg) have at least a bit of sugar, but they are not normally considered something we should avoid, but the opposite.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    Hello anyone know any apps or recipes for food or snacks with no sugar I'm currently doing the Mediterranean diet. But looking to cut down on sugar thank you!!!
    Also any fatty liver tips?
    Currently down 30 pounds!!!
    I was just looking I didn't know there was simple carbs and sugar and added sugar my doc just told me to stop the sugar carbs and red meat and I'm like omg everything has sugar I just don't know what to eat even veggies and fruit have it it's discouraging

As I said in your other thread, no (added) sugar is not a requirement for the Mediterranean diet.

Do ask for a referral to a registered dietitian.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    Lots of recipes with no sugar.

I assume you mean sweet foods or foods usually sweet, not things like casseroles, which nobody expects recipes to include sugar in the first place.

As I said on another thread, look up diabetic recipes, they will have minimal or no sugar and will give options for cakes, desserts etc without sugar.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Ketoconnect.net has lots of recipes. Sugar free
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I can tell you try to go with low sugar fruits such as berries, star fruit, kiwi. Veggies you just want to avoid ones below the ground. Meats you can eat lamb, chicken, turkey, bison, eggs. Focus on like clean focus on a meat a vegetable and a healthy fat. Avoid inner isles and prepared foods as all those have added foods. You can eat nuts and seeds too. Look for meats that have no added sugars.
  • marrufo06
    Options
    Thank you!
  • marrufo06
    Options
    Thank you guys so much I appreciate all the help stay healthy out there !!!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @ninerbuff is right on the money. Doing things you don't want to do all in the name of weight loss is the recipe for eating it all back.

If I had a dollar for ever person that says I ate it all back. I'm back, I'm back...I ate it all back. These brutually strict protocols are a temporary bandaid. Oooo sure, you can say they're only going to be used for the weight releasing aspects and then you'll do something different. Good luck with that. Come back in 5 years and tell us how that's going for you.

Do things on your own terms. Eat the foods you enjoy. Right now. Measure and track your data points. This is definitely not our first rodeo for those MFP members that are still standing with their initial weight loss intact. I can name them but you will find them in the success stories and actively participating.

Don't think you've got it made just because you're in the Honeymoon Phase of weight loss. That's temporary. Just wait for ol' ghrelin blowback to come knocking on your doorstep. You'll know you've been somewhere then. Rebound weight gain with friends is stealthy. Wily like a coyote.

@ninerbuff knows. He is/was a Moderator here. He gives it to you in a nutshell without the whole bushel. It's all about the deficit and it doesn't have to be strict. Rigid rules and food regulations create a narrow way of thinking about everything. This isn't just about food. The way we conduct our 'relationship' with food affects every area of our life. It's a direct reflection of what's really going on in our brains.