Frozen or cooked for weighing?

Options
xodreamariexo
xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
edited October 2020 in Food and Nutrition
It says that these frozen Tyson chicken wings are 3oz for one serving but is that frozen or cooked? And if cooked is it 3oz on or off the bone? eo8yomt589d7.jpeg
axm4fjfm3q90.jpeg

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    No idea! Maybe only buy food where the label is clear. There are a couple of stores here with such unclear labels, and I basically avoid them where possible. I also mostly avoid food where you mix ingredients a, b and c, and get a dinner. And the calories including the things you add yourself are x calories per serving. Which is great as I never cook as instructed - and even if I did those things never add up
  • xodreamariexo
    Options
    Bump!
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Most likely frozen. That's pretty typical for frozen foods.

With a little calculation, you can figure it out. Divide the total weight in grams on the front of the bag by 5. Is the answer about 84 grams each? (It won't be exact since it's "about" 5 servings.) What's the whole bag frozen weigh? Is it close to what the front of the bag says in grams? Break it into 5 servings. Does each weigh about 84 grams? Math - it's actually useful in life.

BTW, you will want an entry by grams in MFP, since you won't be able to make exactly 84 grams at a time. You may have to create this yourself, if no one else has.
  • xodreamariexo
    Options
    So i actually reached out to the customer service text portal tyson has 😂 and got this l7cjwk0bs67u.png