Motivation after Child loss

Options
Hey guys so this is my first time back in awhile... I think it has been almost a year since I actually got on here and was serious about my weight loss. I was pregnant with my second child and found out in Jan. I was pretty good and only gained about 15 pounds during the pregnancy. Unfortunately our daughter was stillborn at 30 weeks. Although my body recovered pretty quickly it held on to the weight unlike my first pregnancy. So of course now I struggle with depression and anxiety. I do take medicine for it but I am struggling with going to the gym and eating. When I am at the gym I run for 30-40 minutes then do some resistance training for 20-30 minutes. I also notice I am no longer confident in almost anything I do especially working out...I am more self conscious now than ever...I cut out sodas for two months which didn't do anything for me weight loss wise but I do mainly drink water. I also upped my protein and eat veggies and less fruit due to sugar. However I have been the same weight for two whole months. There have been a handful of times I get sad and eat junk but literally it has been 3 or 4 times within a two month span..Any tips would be helpful...

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie target? And are you accurately, honestly logging all you eat/drink?

Take care of yourself - I cannot imagine the pain you have been thru/are still experiencing.
  • vholley60197
    vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @nanastaci2020 I have not this is basically my first day back lol.... I have mainly just eaten healthy and stopped snacking... I am hoping by losing some weight I can start feeling better about myself and life in general.. my target is 1300 calories but I usually am full before I hit that number... I am 4'11 and 150 pounds and would like to lose 20 pounds to start with... my goal is to lose lbs by the end of the year..
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but eating healthy doesn't mean you'll lose weight. Get your daily calorie goal, get a digital food scale and start weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink. It's the best way to see why you're not losing.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Setting a deadline is not usually a great way to get started. (I'll lose X by 12/31/20.) Instead, perhaps focus on 5-10 pounds at a time, and on building good habits. A goal to be healthier, fitter, or even to weigh less by 12/31 is reasonable. But if you set a plan to be at goal weight by 12/31, and you're not there: don't beat yourself up. Appreciate the small victories.
  • vholley60197
    vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Maybe I am just being impatient... and I do need a food scale for sure! Also thank you for positivity and advice it is comforting! Much love!!