entering food

Options
Is there a way to enter a food without selecting a meal to put it in? I want to scan something now that I might want later

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, you need to choose a meal. I sometimes add foods to a random meal in the future, to save the food for later use.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    You could put in a meal on a future day that you haven't done any logging for (or if you're just starting, you could log it in a meal on a day before you started tracking). Then you could find it in your recent foods or your "my foods" if you have to create it if it's not in the database already, or you could copy it from the meal where you logged it.

Hope one of those ideas helps.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Just log it to the meal you are going to eat it for or you can delete it and move it if you change your mind and decide to eat it later or you can copy it from one date to another.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I log things in the future, then adjust as needed. Another possibility (you'd have to do a trial run to confirm) is scanning it, selecting a meal, then deleting the item after it's logged. Then, I think, it would be in your recent items to select from.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    I log things in the future, then adjust as needed. Another possibility (you'd have to do a trial run to confirm) is scanning it, selecting a meal, then deleting the item after it's logged. Then, I think, it would be in your recent items to select from.

In my experience, if you delete the only instance of a food in your diary, it will not longer be in your recent items.

The recent items list is created de novo each time you consult it, generated from your then-current diary.