Need some encouragement

Options
I’m feeling incredibly discouraged about trying to lose weight. I’ve been logging my food and doing frequent exercise for over a year now, but have only gained weight. Changed up my routine in June, trying to lose faster, but only gained more. I’ve taken a few days off because of a sore shoulder and now I don’t feel motivated at all to try working out again. What’s the point if I just keep gaining weight? Any tips/ advice?

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Can you say a bit more? What is your height and current weight? What is your calorie average intake from the logging? What does mfp recommend as your calorie intake for the rate of weight loss you would like to achieve? What exercise are you doing, for how long and how often?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    If you are gaining weight then it most likely you are eating more than you think. Sorry but this is just physics.

Accurate weighing of food on a food scale is key to hitting your deficit.

If you open your diary you can get a lot of help pinpointing any issues with logging. It is so easy to use an incorrect entry or just underestimating portion size.

A bit more info would be really useful

Height, present weight and goal weight. Daily calorie allowance given by MFP, how much are you trying to lose per week. How do you measure and calculate your calories.

What exercise are you doing and how are you calculating the burn.

All these little things can be helpful for people to know if they are going to offer any advice.

Don't quit, this can be sorted out given time and patience, I have been where you are and I had to really bear down on my logging to solve the problem. In fact I am stuck in this cycle right now after losing 30lbs I am stuck and I know I need to tighten up my logging if I want to progress. So don't despair we have all been where you are and you can sort it out. :)