I feel my neck too worked up after every shoulder and back workout

Options
As the title stated, after every shoulder and back workout I feel my neck is overworked and I always have difficulty sleeping or sitting comfortably as if my neck is not balanced somehow. I warm up before. So I dont know what's really happening.

Replies

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're tensing up your neck a bit too much during the exercises?
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    What is your shoulder and back workout? What exactly are you doing? If you are lifting, may be worth getting a PT or coach to check your form. Could be DOMS, which will lessen as you get used to the workout over the next few weeks if it is a new workout for you. Could be that you need to lift lighter for a bit. Could be a muscular/skeletal issue. Could be all kinds of things. Impossible to say from the very limited information here.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Maybe your posture is to blame. Use a mirror or record yourself on your phone camera during your workout. There are many good vids on youtube for neck and shoulders posture corrective exercises.
  • shirazum2023
    shirazum2023 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @JessAndreia yes that's what I have been told. I am overusing my neck and trap muscles.

@lemongirlbc I am lifting weight, also learning pull ups, dips etc (bodyweight drills). I am told I am overusing my trap and neck muscle whilst doing Over Head Press and Pull ups. I have to do sth about it. Mind muscle connection sort of thing.

@Mithridites I naturally have a hunchback. Sth I have to work on. But exercise forms are ok I have been told.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Post your more recent training history and load management please.