DDP Yoga?

Options
Hey MFP family,

Was just curious if anyone has had any experience with DDP Yoga, if so, would you recommend it for a friend? Just curious because I’ve read some great stories/reviews on it. But, wanted to know if it lives up to the hype before I jump on that bus!

Thanks in advance!

God Bless!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    M_Shay2414 wrote: »
    Hey MFP family,

Was just curious if anyone has had any experience with DDP Yoga, if so, would you recommend it for a friend? Just curious because I’ve read some great stories/reviews on it. But, wanted to know if it lives up to the hype before I jump on that bus!

Thanks in advance!

God Bless!

It is probably great but even with modifications it jumped beyond my abilities almost immediately. I kind of thought the point was to bring a person along but if some of that was meant to be for beginners I am not even ready for remedial yet.
  • 142jmh
    142jmh Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've done it a couple times, I actually enjoyed it, then I got in pretty nasty ski accident that stopped everything for a while and I haven't got back to it. I've also done other yoga DVDs over the years, I've enjoyed them all, but for different reasons.
    My Dad does DDP every single day, and has for a couple years now. He is 69, and more fit and agile than most people that are twenty years younger than him. He now has all the routines memorized to the point where he doesn't even use the DVDs.
    I think its good to approach it knowing that it takes practice, and you likely won't immediately match what the people on the screen are doing (at least I certainly wouldn't)... it takes time, getting familiar with whats happening, and then building on the actual exercise as well. But if you're interested in it, take it slow, do what you can, and keep doing it. The more you do it, the better you'll get. I strongly suggest not skipping the explanation parts of the DVD.
    You might find you love it! On the other hand, if you decide it just isn't right for you, no biggie.
    Good luck!
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We did v1advanced DVD's a few years ago. I had to quit because it bothers my shoulders/rotator cuff. I try every so often and have the same should issues
  • One_flabulous_journey
    Options
    I love ddpyoga.