How much weight did it take?

Options
2»

Replies

• jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was 90 lbs overweight. It took about 10 lbs. as many others said the clothing I was wearing when I started this were becoming too tight. I think it was 20 lbs before I wore a smaller size comfortably
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    It was a pretty steady downsize for me, from XXL to XS. I lost about 75 of my pounds the first year, the other 15 the second. So every two or three months, clothes would get noticeably loose and droopy. Oddly enough, some of the biggest size difference came with that last fifteen.

I really regret having wasted money on interim wardrobes, but I honestly could not fathom the idea I’d continue getting smaller. I keep thinking “surely this is it” and consequently buying clothes because everything bagged.

Even at smaller size, and a couple years in, things shift. I don’t know how to explain it, but some days my belly seems huge and unsightly, other days the bulges are somewhere else. It can be a slow shift, too, as things still decide where gravity’s gonna take em. Even while my belly decides to bulge, the waistbands and seats on many of my newest leggings have been getting looser and looser until I’m afraid I’m going to drop a pair at some point.

Hi @springlering62
    THANK YOU for your post!! It helped me SO much! I’m lighter than I’ve been since May 2019 (never went higher than 7lbs above this wt), yet everything seems to be shifting around despite tons of hiking.

Now, I know just to accept it as the “nature of the beast.”

Take Care,
    Maddie
  • xodreamariexo
    xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    b8cjq68lcfdm.jpeg
    60lb down and still wearing same size. I’m 6”1 woman. Desperate to see a difference but still not seeing it neither is anyone else :(

I see it! Definitely a flatter midsection
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've lost my first 10 lbs. and my slightly snug jeans are now quite baggy and falling down. I haven't noticed a change on top yet.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    My experience with downsizing clothes is similar to @AlexandraFindsHerself1971. It was not a pattern schedule. In fact, it was quite annoying. When the fat sucking vacuum travels to a new part of your body and it is an area that has a lot of influence on clothing sizes you can drop size 3 weeks after having just dropped a size. Then it travels to some other part of your body and you are in the same clothes for a few months.

I dislike the expression that it is a good problem to have. It is definitely the sign of progress and an overall improvement but no matter how much you hit clearance and second hand it is money you spend on clothes that you will hopefully only wear briefly. I donated clothes that never got worn. I did a bunch of clothes shopping in December and January because I knew my size was more stable. I wanted some nice things to wear out. I used a couple of them before covid hit...
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Exactly. Bras are an issue for me because I'm well endowed and not having proper support gives me headaches and neck and shoulder pain. And right now I'm waiting for a bra the next band size down, while I learn whether I get the cheaper alternative (Band and cup down to a 36DD) or the more expensive (band down, cup up to a 36F.) I'd prefer the cheaper, but I also know that I'm from a family of well endowed women and at a certain point I won't lose any more fat from there. I would prefer to lose some; as I get older, it will be easier on my back and shoulders to be a smaller cup size, but that's very much on the lap of the gods.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It takes me a ton of weight to change sizes. My clothes fit differently, but to go down a full size usually takes me at least 25 lbs.
  • Jakiracki
    Jakiracki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can tell just by looking at your elbow lol! seriously though! Biggggg difference, we are so much harder on ourselves then we realize. I have also lost 35lbs and i feel the same. The only difference I see is my wedding band is very lose and before i couldn't even take it off to get it inspected.