28 pounds down...

Hi everyone!! I wanted to share my success story to add to these motivating and inspiring stories!
I have struggled with my weight since high school. Food is an addiction for me and I am also a recovering emotional eater.
I have done so many diets...it's ridiculous.
I started having health problems at the beginning of this year. I was at my highest weight ever. 271. I had my gall bladder taken out and easily dropped to 260 and camped out at 258. A friend was telling me about this program she was doing so I decided to try it for 1 month.
I started Optavia's 5&1 program and lost 27 pounds. 27 pounds!!! After 2 months I decided to take a break and this month I flipped between 233-231.
On Oct. 17th I decided to start calorie counting and use the remaining Optavia products as snacks. I track everything on here. I lost the 3 pounds I gained plus am currently at 230.4! Lowest weight so far!
Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    You are doing great!! :):)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Good for you: good luck with your journey!
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Good luck for the rest of your journey. You are doing great!
  • Good job! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Great Job- keep it up!
  • Berniebutt773
    Berniebutt773 Posts: 28 Member
    Good job, slow and steady wins the race! Ha I just typed this and see someone else said the same thing above. Must be good advice:-}
  • Abah3059
    Abah3059 Posts: 1 Member
    Great!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    I also struggle with food addiction and emotional eating. So glad to read about your success! Great job.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Congrats - way to go!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Take one day at a time, cross it off and wait for the next day.
    Not going to say it's easy, it is extremely hard, but you can do it
    One goal I have set myself is to ensure that I do some form of exercise first thing in the morning, because I know for a fact that if it is not done, it will never get done.
    This is my third attempt - I lost 24 lbs a couple of years ago, felt on top of the world and the rest is history - gained it back, so here I am again.
    I have decided that I am not going to be telling anyone about this and just work on myself.
    Good luck
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 561 Member
    You are doing great! It is not easy but so worth it. I completely understand both about food addiction and emotional eating.
  • cherishll
    cherishll Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement and support!! It is so nice to know I am not alone in this journey!
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Very good work! Keep it up 👍
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!