Could be nice to have some people to stop me binge eating. Heheh I suck at this...

Options
AhmadM502
AhmadM502 Posts: 8 Member
edited October 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there
20 Year old male
Attractive (I'm kidding)
In bad shape...around 19 stone
6 foot tall with a dream!
But...I can't seem to diet...stick to my calories...or anything of the sort...I think I need people to give me a kick up the backside and get me into gear!
Now I don't mean that literally for those of you getting excited haha, I meant more in a...friendly motivational way!
Feel free to add up!
See you on the other side!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Your first instinct was right. Just own it. It's not bragging if it's true.

You're a man with a dream. Have you ever dieted? If you haven't then you're right where you want to be. You don't need to go on a diet. All you need is the deficit. You have to stick around to learn about this secret. I'm not going to tell you all about it. You must actively participate to find our secret ways.

Everyone here can get you there but you've got to stay the course. Connection matters. Read the forum stickies for every section and then jump into the community. Track your data points, measure your portions. Stick around.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    AhmadM502 wrote: »
    Hey there
    20 Year old male
    Attractive (I'm kidding)
    In bad shape...around 19 stone
    6 foot tall with a dream!
    But...I can't seem to diet...stick to my calories...or anything of the sort...I think I need people to give me a kick up the backside and get me into gear!
    Now I don't mean that literally for those of you getting excited haha, I meant more in a...friendly motivational way!
    Feel free to add up!
    See you on the other side!

It's got to start with you bro. The community is great and will support you but it's up to you to be accountable. Perhaps trying to post BEFORE you binge(when you feel you are at risk) will give people people a chance to talk you down. Posting afterwards doesn't really allow anyone to help.

Binge eating is a serious issue that requires accountability, responsibility, and possibly even professional help. I would wager to say it's akin to (if not truly) an addiction. The desire to recover has to come from within.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @giancarlov1191 Finding the deeper meaning is everything or none of this will stick. Dieting by autopilot is just going through the motions. We have to keep our heads engaged in the process with focus and consistency.