Tall Girls Unite

Options
Noodlesprout
Noodlesprout Posts: 15 Member
edited October 2020 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone, I’m looking for some tall girls to buddy up with. I feel so lonely on my weight loss journey as I can never compare. I’m 30 and 6”1 with a weight loss goal weight of around 180lb. I’ve lost 60lb so far since June 1st so half way there as I have another 60lb to lose. Image shows difference. Aiming for target end of March. Starting to feel so demotivated as can barely see a difference despite shifting a huge amount of weight already!
Still wearing the same clothes can’t get into a smaller size yet albeit they are slightly looser.
Does anyone out there relate?!
g4gs2av2sugr.jpeg

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference, fantastic progress! :) I’m 5’11” and reached my goal weight of 167 lbs and have maintained it for a few years. I remember it took awhile for the weight loss to show up but just stay the course and you will eventually get there! Feel free to add me :)
  • WildColonialGirl
    WildColonialGirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’10” and hoping to get under 200 pounds for the first time since my 20s.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and going down to 174. I started this journey at 400 and made it down to 198. I then stopped doing what I knew worked and gained back to 250. I have been on this ride a little over a year. I have lost 56lbs in the last year. I have gone down a few sizes in jeans but it took FOREVER! I am still wearing the same dress clothes though. I guess I'm happy that I don't have to clothes shop more! I haven't lost anything in my bust sigh. I know its working cause my scale keeps moving. I'm just going one day at a time!
  • WildColonialGirl
    WildColonialGirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    I am 5'11 and going down to 174. I started this journey at 400 and made it down to 198. I then stopped doing what I knew worked and gained back to 250. I have been on this ride a little over a year. I have lost 56lbs in the last year. I have gone down a few sizes in jeans but it took FOREVER! I am still wearing the same dress clothes though. I guess I'm happy that I don't have to clothes shop more! I haven't lost anything in my bust sigh. I know its working cause my scale keeps moving. I'm just going one day at a time!

I wish I had that problem! I always lose from the bust first and the hips and butt last (thanks Grandma).
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Late to this. I'm 6ft and weigh 290. My goal is 175 but my first goal is to get to 220. Looking for buddies
  • Shawn01901
    Shawn01901 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m looking for some tall girls to buddy up with. I feel so lonely on my weight loss journey as I can never compare. I’m 30 and 6”1 with a weight loss goal weight of around 180lb. I’ve lost 60lb so far since June 1st so half way there as I have another 60lb to lose. Image shows difference. Aiming for target end of March. Starting to feel so demotivated as can barely see a difference despite shifting a huge amount of weight already!
    Still wearing the same clothes can’t get into a smaller size yet albeit they are slightly looser.
    Does anyone out there relate?!
    g4gs2av2sugr.jpeg
    I can see a difference ! Good work! I’m 5’11 230
    Lbs my heaviest ...goal weight is 180 lbs
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and about 185. I would like to lean out a bit yet, wouldn't mind seeing the low 170s again.

I'm 44, single mom of two early teens. And I can testify to everything hurting. ❤️
  • Noodlesprout
    Noodlesprout Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @laurencoates000 that is incredible! How long did it take you to get to where you are now? Really Inspiring, keep going!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’10, and I totally agree. I can lose 40 pounds or so and still be in the same size, no one notices. But I am old, and I FEEL
    The difference. I just want to lose enough to get some energy and pep back.

I can really tell the difference in your 2 pictures, and I can tell from my own experience that You’re at a point that when you lose a little more, it will show up more. Soon you’ll be in a smaller size, and there’s a big difference in the large sizes.
    Please show us another update when you get new clothes in the next size down.
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5"10 and currently 12st 6 trying to get down to 11 stone. Its definitely difficult! Would be lovely to have some tall girl friends on here 😊