New to MFP and I want to stay on the right track.

Options
I started my journey about 3 weeks ago at approximately 420 pounds. I say approximately, because my bathroom scale read "Err". I had to use the scale at work, which adds clothes, shoes, pocketed items, etc. My bathroom scale now says 403.7, and I originally thought I was 415, but I tracked my weight loss on the work scale. I've lost almost 17 pounds. But, it is VERY difficult to stay motivated some days. Can I count on some of you for some motivation?

Replies

• HawaiiCam
    HawaiiCam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your weightloss so far!! This site is full of motivating people. Feel free to add me and we can suppor each other : )
  • ROBP5
    ROBP5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every day you make that lifestyle change is another day closer to being the you that you've always wanted.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I hear ya! It's very hard these days to stay motivated...it's too easy to run through a drive through when you are on the go. Not to mention it costs more to eat healthy than it does to eat crappy. I also used to think that if I ran or did some other form of exercise, that was reason to be able to eat what ever I wanted...not so! What I found helps, aside from MFP of course, is making my own 100 cal packs out of food I like. Preplanning meals is essential! We (my husband and I) have also found that now that we are making more of our meals, it's fun to experiment with foods to see what we can make. For example, overcook cauliflour and then mash it, mix in the laughing cow spreadable cheese and you get a low cal mashed potato!
    Good luck! Sounds like you are off to a great start!!!
  • Foxybee1
    Options
    Welcome!
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you've come to a great place. I have lost 5 pounds since joining last month. Add me to your list.