Hello.

Options
Hi - hope you will let me join you merry band.

I’m 56 and a BMI of 38 and have 75 lbs to lose to get into normal BMI which is my goal.

I’ve just joined a local council led weight loss scheme and and after some lovely ladies going through similar journey to help me through. I’m eat my emotions and it’s been a horrible year - so I’ve gained back a lot of weight :(

Rather than focus into the pounds alone and a getting quick fix. I’ve done Atkins and 800 calorie with luck but gained it back. I want to do something slower abs more sustainable- and build up fitness at the same time.

Covid has helped me focus on getting Heathy rather than just watching the scale and I’m hoping that will help me keep the focus this time.

I’ve just had shoulder surgery so I’m off work for another 5 weeks during which I plan to walk every day and commit to my 12-1400 per day calorie limit by having the time to cook and prepare healthy food. So there are no excuses.

Today I’m also starting walking for weight loss - as walking is all I can do - although I start physio next week for my shoulder.

Anyway enough about me.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Claire
Xxx

Replies

• marilyn32634
    marilyn32634 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Claire 😀,
    Sounds like we are one in the same! I'm not focused on the scale or follow a restrictive diet. In fact, when I stopped dieting, I dropped 41 lbs. What really works is a healthy lifestyle. If you like, you can add me to your Friends list and we can help each other stay on track.👍