Extreme Couponing!

Options
Izable2011
Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
I think I want to get into this couponing fad. Unfortunately all I have is Walmart. Those of you who are into couponing, do you think I could pull it off at a walmart?

Replies

• bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am not an extreme couponer, but I do coupon and have saved about $7500 since October 2009! It is really awesome! I would recommend you check out www.hip2save.com and www.totallytarget.com also www.printablecouponsanddeals.com! They are the best! Good luck!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    How do yall do on coupons for HEALTHY food?
  • marindak
    Options
    bump
  • cvaneaton
    Options
    My daughter coupons at Walmart all the time and saves tons of money. Usually she has a flyer which she price matches and then uses her coupon often her stuff is next to nothing and sometimes free.:smile:
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options

seriously! every time i watch that show it is all ramen noodles, processed frozen crap, chips and candy.
  • wendibartel
    Options

Thats the problem. There are no coupons for fresh produce, lean meats, ect. Eating healthy isnt cheap.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

thats my problem! never for anything i'd eat!

If anyone knows how to save on healthier things, please advise!! :flowerforyou:
  • wendibartel
    Options
    Walmart does price match so look thru other store ads and take them with you if there is something on sale. It must be the exact item.
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I was a walmart cashier and I've seen it happen not only in my lane, but on multiple other occasions in different lanes.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

thats my problem! never for anything i'd eat!

If anyone knows how to save on healthier things, please advise!! :flowerforyou:

Same here! My husband and I just had this convo he asked why I don't use coupons more often I replied because they aren't for the things I buy or that we eat. I'm not going to buy something just because I have a coupon! I suppose I should take advantage of the cleaning supply ones etc but I wish they would make healthy things more affordable!!
  • sehein7
    sehein7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

You can't save much on healthy foods (occasionally there is a coupon for something healthy), but you can save LOTS of money on health and beauty items (soap, toothpaste, shampoo... that kind of stuff) and cleaning & laundry supplies. By saving lots of money on those things, you have more money to put towards your healthy food items. Walmart will even GIVE you cash back if the value of your coupon exceeds the sale price :wink:
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I coupon. First you can't expect to have the results you see on that show every time you go in. THey probably don't either. On food I save about 30% of my bill, on none grocery that i can buy at walgreens and CVS I save about 75% of my total bill. I have only been doing this for about 2 months and already I have saved a ton. The websites the other girl mentioned are good, and Krazycouponlady.com is also good. Good luck!
  • jmcharles52
    jmcharles52 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    livingrichwithcoupons.com and if you facebook different place put coupons on their pages. Or just going straight to company webpages. Or "The Frugal Army Wife" has a blog you can google or like on facebook, she post all kinds of deals not just for military. I got 2 NCAA hoodies for $32 after shipping and tax cause of her. Normally it would have been $50 for 1 hoodie. Great for christmas gifts. I'm not an extreme couponer but I try to save where I can and thats a couple of way that have helped me.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    bump thanks :)
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I went with my friend (the one that got me into couponing in the first place) to walmart last night. She got about 90 dollars worth of stuff, and they paid her .22 cents to take it all home. It was rather fun to watch.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Do those places have manufacturer coupons on their site? We have a store that doubles those but the only ones I find localy are ads for store deals...that isn't the same is it?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Save
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My daughter coupons at Walmart all the time and saves tons of money. Usually she has a flyer which she price matches and then uses her coupon often her stuff is next to nothing and sometimes free.:smile:

^^This. My wife does this all the time, she saves a ton of $$.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I follow this...

A coupon does not save you money if you would not have bought it anyway.