Needing some feedback even if it hurts!!

Options
So i have been on here since 2014 and have a history of yoyo..Anywho i am now officially done breastfeeding my 1.5 year old and I am trying to figure everything out.

So First im al over the place with calories, one place says this and others say eat this much.
I weight 168 and i am 5'10

Currently eating atleast 1800 cals.

I started back intermittent fasting as I have not only not been able to lose but I have been gaining. i am not sure with all that is going on in my life if my cortisol is thorugh the roof or what.

My 15 year old was diagnosed with encyphalitis of the brain as was I and my son (molded house)
we have since moved and are in the process of building.

Doctor isnt sure of weight gain contributes to PANSPANDAS (enciphlitis) but I am sick of feeling gross.

Diet is as follows..coffee in am and tons of water. Break fast with apple, can of tuna and maybe some veggie chips. Diner is usually the protein and salad and another vegatable. I drink protein shakes as a snack. I make mine with water to avoid extra calories. its 120 cals for serving and 20 grams of protein.

I excerise lifiting heavy doing sydney cummings workout and when I am done I either do the elipitcal for 30 min or treadmill everyday. My mornings start at 430 as I do not get much sleep.

I am out of answers and I know it may be frustrating to hear but would love some feed back!

Replies

• superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    lol... sorry, so much to type.. im looking for correct eating amount and what calories should be. What I am doing wrong to gain weight. Some calculators have told me around 2100 calories, some say 1700 or around that amount. Dont know weather i should add exercise in tracker or leave it out. i never rest and havent had a rest day in years. After I had a c section with last baby, i was walking on treadmill 2 weeks later. Husband says I am not eating enough and exersise to much but I feel miserable and bloated.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You need to burn more than you eat to lose weight. There's 3500 calories in a lb, so it's common to aim for eating 500 calories less than you burn each day in order to lose 1lb/week (500x7=3500). The missing number in that equation is what you're burning; once you know or estimate that, aim for 500 under that number as a calorie target. @J72FIT makes a good point; don't underestimate the power of recovery.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    First, for a calories make sure you're logging accurately, using food scale, etc.

Other than that: you mentioned gaining weight - how much and over what length of time?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    lol... sorry, so much to type.. im looking for correct eating amount and what calories should be. What I am doing wrong to gain weight. Some calculators have told me around 2100 calories, some say 1700 or around that amount. Dont know weather i should add exercise in tracker or leave it out. i never rest and havent had a rest day in years. After I had a c section with last baby, i was walking on treadmill 2 weeks later. Husband says I am not eating enough and exersise to much but I feel miserable and bloated.

Are you wanting to GAIN or LOSE weight? What is your exact goal?
  • superreal40
    Options
    No!!
    I lift heavy and I have realized I have just been gaining especialy in my stomach as I have never had belly fat. I feel uncomfortbale in my skin. My family always says I look great and I am too healthy, which is no such thing, as I refuse to eat out, splurge on ice cream and junk and usually try to just eat lots of salads.

I will be so honest as I have been so stressed for the last year I have probably had 1 beer 3 days a week but its always a really light beer (corona premier, michelob ultra, ect) maybe the alcohol. I know I have read even small amounts can damage metabolism. So im unsure. After having my last baby i lost all the weight then slowly started putting back on during breastfeeding, and no matter how hungry I was i would not eat back my calories like many people think.

I was eating plain oatmeal for bfast, appple for lunch , and protein and salad for dinner.

so i am really confused on weight gain

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You are 5’10, 168 lbs. What is your goal???
  • superreal40
    Options
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you aren’t eating ENOUGH calories honestly....

Unless that’s a really big dinner, I can’t imagine you getting anywhere near 1200 minimum with oatmeal, an apple and then dinner...
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Also, with only 10 lbs to lose it is going to be VERY VERY slow weight loss. You sound hyper focused on these last 10 lbs. You might need to take a step back and reevaluate your approach.

I’m hoping you are eating much more than you stated above. With so little to lose, accurate tracking is needed, BUT you need to be realistic and not try to lose those 10 lbs in 5 weeks. It’s going to take closer to 5-6 months at .5 a week...
  • superreal40
    Options
    Do 1890 calories sound right? Im just so confused as I have been all over the internet to find the most accurate calculator
  • superreal40
    Options
    trust me, Sometimes I just want to eat a whole pint of ice cream but I would rather eat food with that amount of calories/carbs
  • superreal40
    Options
    do any of you take true rest days or breaks from working out? literally have not had a reast period of more than 2 weeks in about8 years
  • AlexiaC47
    AlexiaC47 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If you really are eating as little as you say, and exercising, and not losing - then you should check with a doctor. You could have a thyroid disorder-- very common in women over 30. That will slow your metabolism. Easy to control with meds. Or maybe you have another disorder.