Eating Habits

Options
For those of you who dealt with emotional eating/binges, what helped you to stop?

Replies

• Josephfunk
    Josephfunk Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You need to build good habits and be consistent. Not every meal will be perfect but being consistent with your good habits will make a bad meal feel like a speed bump rather then something to throw you off the road.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    You need to find something else to help deal with the emotions that drive the emotional eating. For some that will be a therapist/counsellor for others that may be replacing the destructive habits with positive habits eg angry do a boxing class to work out the aggression. Lonely - spend some time with a trusted friend or family member or even volunteering. Bored - volunteering, finding a new active hobby. Stressed - massage, walk, soak in the bath with a good book, meditation, yoga...etc etc
  • jrzgurl80
    jrzgurl80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Going to therapy and realizing I am emotionally stronger than I thought I was. You too are just as strong!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,824 Member
    Options
    In retrospect, one of the things that helped me was a handful of sessions with a registered dietician.

Going in with a list of questions, permitting myself to try her suggestions and not treating it like punishment but treating it like a project, educating myself, allowing myself to fail here without quitting there and learning from it.

The more of myself I invested in learning alternative eating habits, the easier it became.

Treating “me” as a project and allowing myself the luxury of working on “Project Me” as opposed to all the other noise in life.