Low carb breakfast the does not include eggs

lm614621
lm614621 Posts: 2 Member
i struggle with finding breakfast that is low carbs but not eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, or ham.... i hate all of those options...often idk what to eat or im sick of sausage/turkey bacon or a smoothie so i skip brrakfast..then by lunch im so hungry i over eat

Anyone have any new or different ideas

Replies

• Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Sausage, bacon, sauted mushrooms, grilled tomato. Admittedly I have eggs too, but I have a cooked breakfast a few times a week, because it's low carb. I specifically buy sausages that are as close to 100% meat as possible. If you're sick of sausages and bacon, how about grilled portobello mushrooms with a small amount of cheese melted into them?

Alternatively, why not have something like a thick soup? You don't HAVE to eat what are traditionally considered to be breakfast type things.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited October 2020
    Why not just eat leftovers from lunch or dinner?

I've made scramble out of tofu before.

Maybe a breakfast steak with a side of sautéed veggies like mushrooms, red peppers, etc..cauliflower makes a decent sub for.potatoes occasionally, if that's your jam.

breakfast tacos/fajitas with steak or chicken and a good salsa or pico de gallo.

My bf eats hummus topped with spiced ground beef sometimes *shrug* Usually with Flatbread, but you could always sub veggies. Hummus may not classify as low carb, but maybe if you just eat only a small amount.

Breakfast pizza on a low carb tortilla, with cheese, turkey sausage, etc...

If you have an Aldi nearby, their L'oven Zero Net Carb bread isn't too bad. You could use that for toast or some kind of breakfast sandwich.

I never think of suggesting salmon because I'm not a fish for breakfast eater myself, but I've seen smoked salmon pop up on breakfast options from time to time. Usually with bagels, chives, and cream cheese...maybe that would be a good low carb bread-toast option, too. That and/or avocados.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    I had baked chicken and broccoli for breakfast, chicken and brussel sprouts for breakfast not exciting but it was tasty and filing. I also eat lots of eggs, I know you said you're sick of eggs but I made deviled eggs for breakfast. Whatever works, best of luck I"m always looking for new low carb meals also.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    What about real bacon? Turkey bacon is NOT bacon.
  • kdewitt3
    kdewitt3 Posts: 5 Member
    I’ll drink a Fairlife protein drink and that usually satisfies the hunger pains.
    They also have tortilla looking wraps make from cheese that you could fill with low carb shredded chicken salad that might give you some variety.
  • pedwa
    pedwa Posts: 5 Member
    there are low carb cereals out there. I make chia pudding- greek or coconut yogurt some blueberries. sugar free sweetener :)
  • saramclaughlin33
    saramclaughlin33 Posts: 4 Member
    Remember that you do not have to eat "breakfast" for breakfast. So, salad and chicken? Roasted Veggies? Sometimes I eat leftovers from the night before.

If you do want a more breakfasty meal - how about Cloud Bread toast and the topping of your choice?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I usually eat some kind of jerky or meat stick, but for years and years I ate soup for breakfast.