help with my bat wings...

Options
Ok ladies and gents..I need some help..so I am 142 lbs down and thank god no sagging skin....but I have another issue...I have genetically shared bat wings under my arms and no matter what I do they won't go away...now yes they have shrunk dramatically but still there :'( anyone got any tips or secrets they are willing to share to this soon to be bat girl before I take off while waving goodbye to my daughter every morning at school???

Thanks loves :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't know if there is anything you can do for excess skin? Curious to see if anyone does. :flowerforyou:
  • Shaylaluvsya
    Options
    HAHHAHHAHA....I wish I could help ya, I have a little of the same problem..I just had to laugh cause your ending was funny ish!! Eek..sorry! ;)
  • megamoo04
    Options
    i have the same problem, ugh i hate them!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    What have you tried already? Do you push weights? If so, what do you do?
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Bump, because I want a clue on this as well
  • lynnruiz81
    lynnruiz81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have read that planks help the triceps and theres other exercises that will help you also just google or go onto youtube and look for tricep exercises.............good luck!!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Other than the normal toning in the gym - and giving it a bit more time surgery is the only thing ;-(
    If you look closely even some really fit people in exercise DVDs have them to various degrees - if the cameras catch Gillian Michaels on a bad angle even she has a bit of the bat thing going...
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    No answers here, despite extreme toning and weights.

So now I just embrace them, sing "do your arms hang low?" song, and stay out of strong cross-winds when I'm going sleeveless.
  • AspiringOne
    Options
    Hi Kimmie, I have lost 110 lbs and I was have a lot of sagging skin, but I'm much older than you I think. I work out like a mad woman, do a lot of water arobic activity with AQUALOGIX "SCULPTORS" TONING BELLS (http://www.aqualogixfitness.com/buy-now.html) and these have given me well toned and very well defined muscles in my upper body and arms, but yet I still have the wings. I went to a plastic surgeon who told me the only remedy is cutting them off, but you have a scar from armpit to elbow and I'm not willing to do that (just yet). If they invent a surgery with less scarring, I might go for it. I think working out and toning is your best and really only solution, either that or just acceptance, which believe me, I know, is difficult.
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Embrace it... Find a friend named Robin and Celebrate your weight loss by kicking some bad-guy *kitten*! ;)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm speaking from my friend's experience: basically, it will start to take care of itself over time. Until then, tricep exercises can't hurt. None of that Shake Weight nonsense.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    I call my wing flaps...but batwings work as well. Hoping my work with a trainer that I've started for my final phase will help. Otherwise I might consider arm surgery. I can live with a lot of sag and I know that as we get older arms will have some sag but these are over-the-top!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    tricep dips: Put on some music and do them in single set to the beat (down, up, down, up) for 8 counts, then half-time for 16 counts (down-2, up-2, down-2, up-2), another single set, and another half-time set if you can.

tricepdip.jpg

blessings.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I say push-ups, push-ups, push-ups!! I've noticed a tremendous difference... I started doing 30 a day.. 10 push ups 3x a day is what does it for me!
  • firefightinflip
    Options
    Batwing...like on the movie waiting??
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    HAHA you guys wanna laugh I bought the shake weight thing HAHA, it dont work just so you know LOLOL.. I have been doing all these toning exercises rotating 3-5 lbs weights.. all different curls and positions with the different weights ...gladly its not skin its just flab LOLOL.. I figure at the rate I am going it will save me a fortune in gas haha :)

Thanks my loves, I really appreciate all your suggestions, hopefully time will take at least some of them away LOL
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    We call them Bingo Wings in the UK Bat wings are a kind of sleave on clothing.

I agree continue on with solid strength and cardio training and they will reduce. I do Tricep dips and extensions and although I still have some excess I can feel the hardening muscle underneath and know eventually it will reach the top lol

I just did a quick search on youtube there to see if there was a decent video I could link on for you, but there are like a million. It might be worth having a look
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    We call them Bingo Wings in the UK Bat wings are a kind of sleave on clothing.

I agree continue on with solid strength and cardio training and they will reduce. I do Tricep dips and extensions and although I still have some excess I can feel the hardening muscle underneath and know eventually it will reach the top lol

I just did a quick search on youtube there to see if there was a decent video I could link on for you, but there are like a million. It might be worth having a look

awesome <3 thank you guys so much <3 I am going to add the chair move to my workout and tonight after the kids are in bed I will youtube it tonight after the kids are in bed <3 you guys are the bestest <3 thanks <3
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    Bench dips.

Sit on a box/step/bench and sit on your hands, palms down.

Rest your feet, legs out straight in front, on another box/bench/step BUT a higher one.

Ease your butt forward off the bench, keeping your hands together, and dip away.

Burns like nothing else and toasts the prices nicely
  • vegetarian218
    vegetarian218 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump