Trying to get back on track! 50 to lose

Options
I am a mom of 6 my youngest is 11 months old. I want to drop some weight before her first birthday. But in total I want to lose about 50 pounds and once else have 50 to lose?

Replies

• JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I restarted several weeks ago with 80+ lbs. to lose. MFP has helped enormously.
  • BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used it along time ago and dropped 50. But over the years and having my last baby I put some back on.
  • JAC581
    Options
    Same here, I've been on here off and on since 2011 and lost a lot of weight in the past, then gained 100 lbs over the last few years. I'm determined to get back on track this time around and improve my fitness as well.
  • JAC581
    Options
    I'm right with ya JAC581, I'm very frustrated, I've gained back over 100 lbs, I was pretty damn near my goal 3 years ago and I started having some major knee issues, ended up having a knee replacement in March 2019, before then I gained weight then after I gained more weight, then Covid....it's gotta stop now, so here I am, tonight first workout in almost 3 years, sure could use some words of encouragement or get your rear into gear., lol.

Awesome, the first workout is the hardest, and then it will get a little easier each time! You got this!
  • BSmith0926
    BSmith0926 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm right with ya JAC581
    All you can do is take it a data time. I know that every day you’re one step closer to a healthier you. You got this!
  • lbrules
    lbrules Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    January 2019, I fell on ice and broke my leg. Was not able to walk or excercise for 6 months, and all I did was eat. Not walking + eat eat eat = 50 lbs weight gain. Fast forward to 2020. Not only with Covid, but my mom was dyeing of cancer. She passed away Sept 21/20. From April to now I put on another 40 lbs. All I want to do is eat comfort food. MFP has helped me in the past to a point. I have trouble staying on track. Weekends are the biggest problem for me. Trying to stay motivated is a huge problem. I hope I can do this with the help of all of you! :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'll bet you can get some more weight off in this next month, and lose the rest before your little one turns 2!

Have you found the Community section? There are some great groups there.

I am a member of one, and would say that community has helped me in the work of losing 100 pounds.

So, if community sounds helpful, take a look!

I'm in this group, but there are many to choose from:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!