Traumatic Event??

Options
Has anyone ever had a very traumatic event that is affecting them today?? Especially as far as self-image, eating, dieting, or exercising disorders????

Replies

• This weekend I went with my fiance and his buddies to a strip club (to humor them..). When my fiance and I left, a group of guys passed us and one said to the other "I hope she doesn't work there.."

That was traumatic, but a few days ago...
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Not today, but yesterday. Night before last, I was notified that one of my roommates killed himself. I spent all day yesterday cleaning out his room, going through his papers, etc. so I could send it to his family in another state. It was kind of depressing, but mostly just exhausting emotionally. My thoughts were not on healthy eating, and I just ended up waiting too long to eat. I ended up just ordering some outrageously high calorie Mexican food (yum). It wasn't a good nutritional choice for me, but I will survive. I also didn't exercise yesterday. The last week or so has had some emotional triggers, and I have repeatedly abused that with comfort food. This has been, by far, the worst food week for me all year.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yep..had my hip replaced, it failed, had to have it done a second time. Then this summer, I dislocated it twice and have been in a brace the entire summer..till yesterday. Now I'm out, but feeling very vulnerable. If I dislocate it again, they will replace it again with a restricted hip..not good. So, it has played hell with my focus and with my exercise part of the program. It's been tough!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    This weekend I went with my fiance and his buddies to a strip club (to humor them..). When my fiance and I left, a group of guys passed us and one said to the other "I hope she doesn't work there.."

OMG! You should have kicked them where it counts. Then they wouldn't care who works there at all! Unbelievable.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was always the cousin with the "pretty eyebrows." Apparently that was the only thing pretty about me growing up.
  • kristenk0826
    Options
    it's crazy how things can so deeply affect us.. to the point of messing up our diets or exercise program. really, i lost my mom ten years ago to cancer and it has affected my life deep down to the core. and it's not actually the LOSS of my mother.. it's more like my inability to safely and healthily let out my feelings. to this day, i still can't do it. it's very hard when losing someone makes you lose yourself too. <3
  • momie0205
    Options
    This weekend I went with my fiance and his buddies to a strip club (to humor them..). When my fiance and I left, a group of guys passed us and one said to the other "I hope she doesn't work there.."

I just went to look at your pictures and let me tell you those guys are just blind. You look great!!!!