Ate like a pig this weekend and still lost 😲

Options
OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 376 Member
edited October 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
I kinda let it go this weekend a little bit. Not so much with eating food but had a good amount of sweets which I rarely do and haven't let go like this in more than 2+ years. I actually didn't even bother to count calories real close this weekend. I was scared to step on the scale this morning and I'm down. 😲 Only 1 pound from Friday but still down.
I am walking and hustling at work right now but only during the weeks Monday through Friday. It's our busy, busy season. Anyway I'm happy. πŸ˜€

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    OAS5 wrote: Β»
    I kinda let it go this weekend a little bit. Not so much with eating food but had a good amount of sweets which I rarely do and haven't let go like this in more than 2+ years. I actually didn't even bother to count calories real close this weekend. I was scared to step on the scale this morning and I'm down. 😲 Only 1 pound from Friday but still down.
    I am walking and hustling at work right now but only during the weeks Monday through Friday. It's our busy, busy season. Anyway I'm happy. πŸ˜€

This is more common than people realize. Stress increases water retention and relaxing releases it. In addition, the sudden increase in carbs and sugar probably got you moving around more.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's such a happy surprise!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    Also if you've been dieting for a long enough time and stall, a "diet break" can do wonders to mess with your hormones and get things moving again. Body adapts to things easily, so infusing a high calorie day (especially with carbs) might fool the body into thinking it has extra energy and allows it to expend it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png