On Tuesday, October 13th, I fell and broke my shoulder.

Options
Technically, it was the head of my left humerus. My left knee had been giving me trouble for the previous seven days, causing me to fall three times before then. The EMTs had to take me in an ambulance to the hospital. I am in an abductor splint and a leg brace. I got home yesterday after six days of hospital food, with no way to exercise or count calories. Basically, I am starting over AGAIN!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Get well soon <3
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ouch, that sounds terrible! Wishing you a speedy recovery. :flowerforyou:

If you're trying to lose weight, it's okay take it easy during recovery. Your body needs fuel to heal itself. You can focus more on weight loss later.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! Sending best wishes for a speedy, comfortable recovery!!
    And I agree about putting weight loss worries on hold for now. Main thing is to feed your body lots of good nutrition to heal properly!!
    One of those dang speed bumps in a person's life. I don't think we need anymore of those to make life interesting. :(
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That is a big injury. (I know, I’ve had something very similar myself). Hope it’s not too painful and you’re managing to get some sleep.
    Give yourself time and calories to heal. I would strongly suggest eating at maintainence for a while. Your body is going to need energy to mend itself.

And do the physio (when you get that far). Even when you don’t want to. Especially then.
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have been through quite an ordeal. Focus on getting better first and then worry about your food.