Back sliding the last week.

Options
Gained back a pound. Picking myself up and dusting myself off. This isn’t a sprint but a lifestyle and marathon.

No one loses weight in a straight downward trajectory. Sometimes we backslide. But, keep on keeping on. New week and time to double down. No condemning or discouragement.

It’s just part of the game. We all can do this. Move forward and take care of business 👍

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I am amazed you can say that you regained one pound! My weight often goes up or down down by over 1kg (2.2lbs) from one day to the next. Because of that, I am learning to look at trends.
  • FitVibration
    FitVibration Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @charmmeth I really try and lose about a 1 lbs a week.

You nailed it to look at trends. Try an identify what is working and stick to it. It really is a marathon and lifestyle.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Agreed! I have my spreadsheet draw me a graph which really helps. I am approaching goal so aiming for 0.25 kg / 0.5lbs per week at present, but my average this month is currently 1.4 kg down from my average last month so I can see I am still losing a bit faster. If I had just looked at my weighing-in weight in the first week of October, I would have said my weight was up, but looking at my monthly average told me it was actually still down. (If you see what I mean.)
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to goal the less often you should scale measure. I would switch to a less data noisy tracking method. Maybe tape or calipers.
  • FitVibration
    FitVibration Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @KHMcG I’m about 30 lbs away from my goal so not even close to considering that yet 👍
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's true, we've all been through it.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    What a great attitude. It's hard to remember this is a lifestyle thing and results aren't instant