Juice Fast!!

I'm embarking on a Juice Fast on the 2nd of September, and my goal is to go for 60 days- until October 31st! But I have milestones:

1. Make it through Day 3
In my previous fast attempts, Day 3 was notoriously my quitting day. I have mentally prepared myself for about a month, though, and feel ready to take myself to the end instead of quitting.
2. Day 10
This will determine whether I feel comfortable with the amount I am juicing, etc, so if I have to make adjustments, I can make them reasonably and knowledgeably.
3. Day 30
Will I decide to extend my fast to the full 60 days?
4. Day 60, October 31st, 2011
Did I make it?

Naturally, as a disclaimer, consulting your physician is always recommended. I will be honest and say I don't have a lot of faith in mine (she misdiagnosed me and I was bedridden for five weeks), so I didn't consult her before making my decision. But it is a good idea.

On a side note, juice fasts are healthy- your body is still getting necessary nutrients. I am doing mine to lose weight, but more so, to retrain my body and my palate. Don't knock it until you try it and discover the benefits.

So, WHO'S IN????

Replies

• Heyy! My boyfriend and I are also planning to start a juice fast on September 2nd also! We are doing it for the same reasons as you. We would like to reboot our bodies and give ourselves a new chance at healthy living. And of course, the weight loss is a HUGE bonus. We are doing ours a little differently though. We are doing the first 5 days juicing and eating regular meals, but the meals must consist of micronutrients (fruits, veggies, nuts, and beans) only. Then for the second 5 days we are juicing only, and then back to eating and juicing for the last 5 days to make a total of 15. I am really excited to start! We also have talked about a few milestones that will be the most difficult parts to get through. Just like you said, the first three days are definitely going to be the hardest. We also feel like the first day or so of strictly juice will be a bit of a struggle. But, the pain will be well worth it! I am happy to see another MFP member juicing, and I would love to help and encourage one another throughout the duration of our fasts!
  • monstercakes
    monstercakes Posts: 78 Member
    i will join you for at least 10 days!! :)
  • That's great, guys! I'm so excited to start! Especially since the first few days will be so hard- it will be quite nice to support each other and give each other motivation to continue!
  • I started September 5. I'm planning for 14 days (it started at 3 days, then 8 lol) but possibly up to 30. I have been a smoker well over half of my life and quit that, along with heavy drinking. So yesterday was a tough day to get through! I've done raw before and lost 25 pounds in 13 days, so I know I will be getting great detox results from juicing. I think after I want to start adding in food (possibly after day 21), I'll add in just raw salads and such just so I can start getting back to the gym. I'm hooked on the gym and Ineed to go there to help me mentally. I hope all of you are doing well!!! I'm only a few days behind you, but I'm with ya! Feel free to add me! I need motivations badly! Let's go! Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!!!!! Especially the way it'll feel at the end of the fast to see the results and feel them as well. Oh, so excited! :)