From Vanity To Robust Health

Options
bluesette527
bluesette527 Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

My name is LaShonda. I love cooking and eating and oddly enough exercise (but I don't have the proper shoes now to do the walking and other exercises I'd like to do, and am not working so a little bummed about that. I'd love a new pair of "On Running" sneakers. I signed up to push myself to be more mindful of what I'm eating and how I'm eating. I'd like to lose 20-to-30 pounds but I've never in my life felt 'bad' or 'ashamed' of my body--it really is about changing (--for the long haul--) eating habits so that I am not diagnosed with heart disease or diabetes. How I feel about my body and food changed for me when it stopped being about vanity and became a way to love myself more healthfully. For me it's been a fun and emotionally-enlightening journey from vanity-to-robust health. I don't use all the great features of myfitnesspal but simply having a place to log what I eat is helpful. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

LaShonda
[edited by MFP mods]

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    What a great message!! I'm sure you will do very well here and best of luck on your goals.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love what you said about changing your mindset from vanity to health.