Help

Help, life has been really stressful recently as a single mum, full time student and during covid and its resulted in me emotionally eating. I've ordered desert take out the las two nights.
Can anyone help me get back on track and kick my sugar addiction and emotional eating. I've lost 7 pounds the last few weeks and don't want to throw that all away.

Replies

• mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    I am right there with you on the sugar addiction! For me i had to cut it out cold turkey. Personally i can’t have sugar in moderation, i can’t have one Cookie i eat the bag, i can’t have one piece of candy if i have even one piece i literally can’t stop. I say make a commitment to have no sugar tomorrow take it one day at a time try to have a glass of water every time you crave something sweet. It’s not easy but you can do it.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    It’s not actually a sugar addicition. It’s a lack of self control.

OP you have a lot on your plate already. Maybe start small and not try to turn everything around at once. Make sure you weigh and measure your foods and maybe include some family walks in your week and see how that goes.
  • niamhdean97
    niamhdean97 Posts: 108 Member
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

OP you have a lot on your plate already. Maybe start small and not try to turn everything around at once. Make sure you weigh and measure your foods and maybe include some family walks in your week and see how that goes.

I really don't have any self control. Anything sweet or junk food in my house, I eat it. I have a tendency to binge and I don't know how to stop. It is really upsetting as it has resulted in me eating over my calories all this week and I have been doing well with weight loss so its upsetting
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member

I really don't have any self control. Anything sweet or junk food in my house, I eat it. I have a tendency to binge and I don't know how to stop. It is really upsetting as it has resulted in me eating over my calories all this week and I have been doing well with weight loss so its upsetting

May I very kindly, and gently ask this question....? Why on earth do you have junk food or sweets in the house, if you have no self control? What were you doing to lose the initial weight (7 lbs.)? Only you can make your plan work for you. If you don't, what do you plan to do?
  • niamhdean97
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

May I very kindly, and gently ask this question....? Why on earth do you have junk food or sweets in the house, if you have no self control? What were you doing to lose the initial weight (7 lbs.)? Only you can make your plan work for you. If you don't, what do you plan to do?

Because I have a child and I don't want to restrict her because of my eating habits. And also because I have tried not having it in the house before but that can also lead me to binge eating.
  • niamhdean97
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

I was following a very intense workout challenge but I have issues with my ankles and wrists that I am trying to get sorted with my doctor so have had to go for blood tests etc. So have to take it very lightly now.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    I get not wanting to restrict your child, but surely there are better options than junk food or sweets. What about something as simple as fruit? You definitely want to model better behavior for him/her. I'm sorry about your physical issues. Can you talk to your doctor about this? He/she might be able to suggest something helpful.