Mini Goals....

Options
I dnt have any and I particularly dont want none...

I think I would do better off pushing myself towards my total weight loss goal....

Is that a bad idea?!

Replies

• vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Whatever suits you best :-) I'm liking having little goals, but the downside is you have to prepare to slip on them sometimes. Good luck, whichever way you choose to do things, you have to do what's right for you.
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like mini goals because then I can reward myself when I reach them rather than waiting until the final goal.

I also feel like I'm checking off the list and showing success!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :happy: Do what ever works. Everyone is different.
  • dmcgoon
    dmcgoon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nope you don't need them, if your motivation is the end and you can get the pace then why not. Some just get overwhelmed when they are trying to loose upwards of 100 pounds or close to and they like mini goals to feel that accomplishment to give them motivation to push forward.
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I personally have made mini goals for myself but they have nothing to do with amount of weight loss but signify the achievement of weight loss and physical fitness gained.
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    I do mini goals because I can achieve them. I personally cannot feel like I have achieved anything when I have such a milestone to meet. But you do what works for you.

Here is what has worked for me.

190 ... goal was 185. went to 183. goal was 5 pounds but I lost 7
    183 ... goal changed to 179 - 4 pounds
    179.... goal changed to 175 - 4 pounds
    175 ... goal changed to 170... 4 pounds
    170 hit 170 last Friday. Current goal is 2 pounds to get under 170
    Weighing tomorrow hopefully I will get to 168 but have only exercised twice this week due to cold wet rain.

By the way, you are already meeting goals by being on website and changing your lifestyle! Congratulations on the new you!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have 100lbs left to lose... and I guess I self conciously have mini goals because when I lost 20lbs I was so excited and I look forward to losing the next 20. Lol. I just dont make such a big deal out of them because my main goal is what im pushing hard to reach.