New Here

Options
Hi - just wanted to introduce myself and see if I could start losing weight by being part of a great community. I am 43 yo - married almost 14 years to my hubby, 2 kids - 17 yo son and 18 yo daughter - work full-time outside of home, 2 English Cream golden retrievers. :)

I am about 30 lbs. overweight of where I am comfortable in my own skin. I have been struggling lately because every time I look in the mirror and see this darn muffin top it sends me into a state of depression (though I try to remain positive daily). It is the one thing I struggle with more than anything is my weight and size. I am used to being a size 5/6 but now am an 11/12 and absolutely miserable. I must admit that I am extremely jealous of the young, skinny girls here in the office who are 20 years younger than me and haven't dealt with things in their young lives that I've already gone through so they don't have to worry about their size at this time of their lives. My daughter is tall (5'6") and skinny and beautiful and while I am not jealous of her I find myself wishing to be her size or close to it. She's actually a 00, 0 to 1 (I don't want to be THAT skinny however, but somewhere close to it - maybe a size 2-4 - but again, I'd be thrilled to be a 5/6 again. See my struggle - LOL

Anyway, it is SO nice to meet all of you and I can't wait to get started on this journey and make new friends! :)

Replies

• dorairwin
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello nice to have you on MFP. Feel free to add me
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome. I think MFP will help you feel comfortable in your skin.
  • trac6893
    Options
    Thank you, Suz155! Looks like you have a great start already! Keep it up! :)