Anyone have a good weight lifting logger app? (Gym horn gone)

Hi,
I was using Gym Horn to log my sets and reps at the gym. it was no frills, easy to see, easy to input and one day recently it disappeared from the App Store. The message I get is "this app is no longer available in your country" so I'm on the lookout for another app to do the same.

I don't want bells and whistles, I don't want predetermined workouts, cardio, crossfit or anything fancy, just a place to log sets, reps and a timer.

Anyone know of anything?

Currently I'm using "Strong" but it's really hard to see, the number inputs are so dang small on screen!

Replies

• CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    JeFit isn't bad, but lacks an export function.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I like FitNotes.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I use GymGoal. They have a paid and a free version and I find the free version works fine for my purposes.

I have my routine entered already and then I go into the app and hit start for the day I wish to do. It shows me what I did last time (as well as the full history if I wish to compare). You can set however many sets you want per exercise also.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    I alternate between FitList and Hevy. I still don't know which one I prefer. I like FitList because it works on my Apple Watch - I input reps/set on my watch my it gets a bit finicky sometimes and have to go back on my phone to correct the number of sets I've done. The UI on Hevy is nice and the graphics explaining some of the routines can be helpful if you're trying something new.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Just make a spreadsheet?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Ditto's to Fitnotes.
    Very flexible, even to certain items being timed duration, besides rest periods between lifts.

Does mean you need to spend more time setting it up, but my it's great and data available afterwards if desired.
  • leonard41704
    leonard41704 Posts: 33 Member
    Virtuagym is an app that I’ve used. I write up all of my workouts for the week,...then log the sets and reps. I can go back to workouts that I’ve done over a year ago.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    BodySpace
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    I liked body space too. The ui for entering workouts kinda sucked, but one you had them created it wasn't bad. Plus you get a cool weekly email summary with a breakdown of muscles worked and weight lifted.

Lately I've been doing stronglifts so I use that app instead.
  • Scotty2HotPie
    Scotty2HotPie Posts: 143 Member
    Surprised you don't like Strong. I've used it for years and it's fantastic. The most friendly UI I've seen.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    I liked body space too. The ui for entering workouts kinda sucked, but one you had them created it wasn't bad. Plus you get a cool weekly email summary with a breakdown of muscles worked and weight lifted.

@KickassAmazon76 You say 'liked' ... Is it no longer available for download? I've had it in my phone for a while, so possible...
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member

@KickassAmazon76 You say 'liked' ... Is it no longer available for download? I've had it in my phone for a while, so possible...

No, I just haven't used it for a while. I stopped lifting and got a new phone. Now that I'm lifting again I haven't reinstalled it. 😊
  • Catlessi41
    Catlessi41 Posts: 39 Member
    I use the Strong app as well. Seems perfect for what you need.