Easy solution for the munchies

Options
I have the munchies right now, but I can't snack on anything because we have nothing to snack on in the house! All we have is the basics for making 3 meals a day. Normally we would have fruit or carrot sticks that I could snack on (which of course are healthy snacks), but we have to go to the store. No munching for me today!

So the easy solution to the munchies is: if it's not there, you can't munch on it.

Replies

• Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    lol! If only it were that easy for me. The baker in me would want to whip up something anyway.
  • trekkiebeth
    Options
    lol! If only it were that easy for me. The baker in me would want to whip up something anyway.

I really wish I knew how to cook a bunch of different things and had a lot of stuff in the kitchen to work with, but at the same time only having enough to make a few basic meals forces me to not overeat at home.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    So the easy solution to the munchies is: if it's not there, you can't munch on it.

But....you still have the munchies. Not really a solution...
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much my solution. There isn't really anything too bad in my house to eat. The unhealthiest thing I have is lean pockets that I keep in the freezer for when I don't feel like cooking something or don't have time.

So if I really want something bad I'd have to get up and get it and you know **** that.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I always have something healthy around to eat so that I don't go crazy at the store and buy something that I'll regret eating later. If you have the munchies when you go to the store you are much more likely to make poor choices when shopping as you are buying for your craving/appetite vs buying for health and nutrition.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    my thing is that i dont believe in eating only 3 meals. its not good to eat more than 350-400 calories at once, and not eating for so many hours slows your metabolism. idk
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    my thing is that i dont believe in eating only 3 meals. its not good to eat more than 350-400 calories at once, and not eating for so many hours slows your metabolism. idk

Completely false. You can eat 6 meals a day totally say 2000 calories, or eat one big meal right before bed of 2000 calories. It's the same. Meal timing is irrelevant so far as weight loss and metabolism go.