Generation X / 40-somethings

Options
I'm new to this site so I'm still trying to learn my way around. Wondering if there is a message board for the 40-something crowd? I'm in my early 40s and trying to lose about 50 pounds.

Replies

• sophie_43
    sophie_43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi BrownEyedJerseyGirl! I'm a 40-something looking to lose 50 lbs too. My husband showed me the MFP app yesterday and I love it! We're doing it together....it's the first time we've agreed on a diet approach so I'm really excited about it. Joining the gym (again) tomorrow. We're in Oregon just outside the Portland area. Feel free to add me, I'm terrible about keeping up on message boards, but I'm using the app on my phone and can message through it.
  • CanadaDeb
    CanadaDeb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also in my early 40s looking to lose about 50lbs. Actually set my goal at 45lbs by 45th birthday (June). I'm in Alberta, Canada and looking for a few friends on here.
  • littledumplings
    littledumplings Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Me too! 43 and 43 pounds left to lose! I'm just new here, not sure how the friends thing works...but I know the calorie counting does!! Lost 10lb already, even over Christmas x
  • hendryclan
    Options
    Hi there,

I am 46 and three quarters!! Its my birthday on Wednesday 4th Jan and this is my birthday pressie to myself. I want to look better
    at 47 than I did at 37!!!! So lets do it together. I would love to lose about 4 stone so will be with you all the way!!!! xx
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm late 40's but I find age doesn't really matter too much on this site. My friends vary from late teens to 60 something, I find it is more about motivation, determination and support, we all have the common interest in losing weight and living a healthier life. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hi everyone, it seems this forum is getting really quiet. I'm turning 42 yrs old early next year, been on this site since 2011 which helped me a lot in losing 50 lbs. However I regained some of my weight after I suffered an injury 6 yrs ago and now I recently came back here to help me in my new journey as I'm now in my 2nd half of my life and more reasons to get in shape.

Great to meet feelow Gen Xers here.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    In my 40s, from Ontario Canada šŸ˜Š
    Anyone feel free to add me. Iā€™m regularly on here šŸ’•
  • activegalaxy
    activegalaxy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Could always use more friends. Been at this journey for three years. Always open to answer any questions also.
  • superironmom
    superironmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello Gen Xers!! I am 43, from Oklahoma. Nice to meet everyone. Please add me B)
  • Motivation3842
    Motivation3842 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Over 40 here lol you all can add if u like šŸ˜Š
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! Halfway through 40 here!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    42 here, feel free to add