Moral victory or not?

Options
I am kinda bummed today but inspired at the same time. I just got weighed today and I gained 2.5 pounds. At first I was very sad but when my nutritionist and I broke down the analysis composition I have still lost a pound in fat. It was the muscle and water weight that increased. So I believe that's still a victory in the end. Give me your thoughts please!

Replies

• hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you gained 2.5 lbs it's probably water weight - drink 8-10 glasses a day for the next several days and watch 3.5 lbs magically disappear from the scale!

Congratulations on your loss!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would call less fat a definite victory. Congrats!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fat loss is good loss! Nothing wrong with gaining muscle, helps you burn more calories in any given day. Water weight fluctuates so much anyway depending on salt intake and for women, TOM. Fat loss is a victory :)
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A definite victory!! If you're looking at a large weight loss you need to remember that it's not just about the pounds. It's really about the lifestyle change and the future THAT will bring you! If you gained 2.5 pounds - regardless of what type - but know you ate well and exercised regularly, at some point your body will catch back up to your mind. Just never let it discourage you!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would say a total victory. Keep it up :)
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a victory!!! I think water percentage should be 40-60% and the higher the better and of course we are all looking for muscle …you are rockin’ it girl!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a victory!!! I think water percentage should be 40-60% and the higher the better and of course we are all looking for muscle …you are rockin’ it girl!

ooops...sorry you're rockin' it DUDE! :blushing:
  • aarostoc
    Options
    It's hard not to look at the scale, and get disappointed with weight gain when you're doing everything right. However, the proof is in the clothing, when your shirt, pants, etc. feel bigger on you. I did a bunch of cardio one week, walking and jogging, and at the end of the week, the scale said I gained about 2 pounds. But looking in the mirror, I "appeared" skinnier.

What does the dumb scale know anyway??? :-) Great job, keep up the good work!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'd rather lose fat than muscle!!
  • chelleydee33
    Options
    It's a total victory and it's an awesome victory! Gaining muscle while losing fat at the same time is the holy grail of weight loss - well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!