Help

I just joined today, I have already blew it so I am going to eat one brownie and do it right tomorrow. :(

Replies

• Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Oops! Try again. You don't start tomorrow. You start immediately. It's too easy to overindulge later in the day if you have the mind set of "tomorrow". Welcome and good luck.
  • Thank you, I am 54 and really have never had to diet. I have managed to reach 170 form 150 in 6 months since I have been married. I cant let go of the sugar and sodas how do you do it?

Brenda :)
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    You gotta want to do it. It's never fun giving up the sugar filled processed food or easy calories. If it was easy, we would not need to be here. Make up your mind to commit to a change - find new ways to eat and enjoy it when you lose the weight and inches.
  • Hi. No need to eliminate them. All you need to do is manage them. Also, Start with the absolute belief that your quality of life is more important than any sugar or soda. You can do this and this is a great place to start. Good luck
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Hi. You started today. Today you blew your calories (I assume). Okay, but you still gotta finish today. Change starts now. There are other things for you to do TODAY.

-> Log everything you put in your mouth today (drinks, food, supplements, water)
    -> Drink your 8 glasses of water
    -> Move & Exercise
    -> Eat your fruit and veggies
    -> Make more friends on this site
    -> Read some success stories
    -> Plan your menu for tomorrow (so this does not happen again)
    -> Shop and cook healthy low cal meals

You have a lot to do!!! TODAY, so that you can have a better day tomorrow. If may take you a day or three or a week to get up to speed for full success. (Full success took me about 6 months! I'm still struggling with my water.)

No more brownies today. You can have a brownie, next time you plan for it and it fits within your calorie goal. The more you exercise, the more you can eat.

YOU CAN DO THIS! I know you can. It is just new. Fyi, it takes somewhere between 21-40 days to make a new habit. Today is day one.
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Some one once told me that falling off the wagon is like putting a dozen eggs into the fridge and dropping one. You swear, clean it up, and CAREFULLY put the rest of the eggs in the door!! You don't just throw the whole dozen on to the floor!! So don't let one bad decision make you toss the whole day, make your very next choice a good one. No need to waste the whole dozen on one broken egg!
  • minimommy1
    minimommy1 Posts: 84 Member
    As for getting rid of sugar - for some people they can do it cold turkey.
    Other people need to slowly ween themselves off.
    Don't feel guilty about either way. The key is to make the positive changes in the way that works for you and will be life time changes. I personally started weening myself off sugar by cutting down the amount in my coffee by 1/2 tsp each week.
    I started at 4 tsp and cut that to 3.5 the first week. The second week 3tsp. The third week 2.5 tsp. The fourth week 2 tsp
    The fifth 1.5 tsp. I now use 1tsp and will probably stay with that because I like just a touch of sweet.
    As a result it has changed my taste buds so that I don't like so many sweet things
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Oh My Gosh! Another soda addict! It was so hard for me. Diet Coke is my poison. I hurt physically when I drank it but I was still of the mindset that said, "I'll give it up when they pry it from my cold dead hand." I have found out that the aspertame in it actually increases appetite. I wanted/needed to lose weight and if the Coke had to go, so be it. The day before my 54th birthday (August 7th) I had the last one. I also gave up my other addiction, chips. Sigh. It isn't too bad until I see a billboard or a friend etc. with that sweaty silver can. AAAARRRGGGHH! But I just look away and think, "You've lost 11 pounds in a month. You aren't bloated and sore anymore. This would make you ill if you drank it." The only problem I am having is too much time on this message board. Swapping one addiction for another is not very efficient. Dang it.
    It helps that my daughters gave it up 6-8 years ago. My husband usually can take it or leave it, so I haven't had to see it around the house lately. My oldest son just switched to a pop sweetened with Stevia. I am not even going to go there. It's cheaper not to buy it at all.
    I am trying to lose 130-135 pounds. Hopefully I can lose 100 in a year and the rest within a few months after that. I am struggling to get the exercise part started. Good luck. Friend me if you want..
  • I just joined today too! I blew it this morning before I joined, but I walked 2 miles since. I am hoping that this will keep me motivated. Welcome!
  • texgrl76
    texgrl76 Posts: 13 Member
    I was so addicted to Diet Coke, too. I'd have at least 5 cans a day! :embarassed: I had to give it up cold turkey, and it's been about 8 months since my last Diet Coke. I did try to have a can a few months ago, and honestly it tasted horrible! I couldn't stand the carbonation, and it was way too sweet!