Sweaty Clothes, Where Do They Go?

Options
13»

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    with two little girls at home, there is always laundry on the go, so I wash mine usually right away.

Me too......
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I hang mine because i rewear them because, hell i'm just gonna get sweaty and dirty so why dirty new clothes??

I am glad I'm not the only person re-wearing their workout gear! LOL I know some people have a fresh, cute, new workout outfit every day, but I workout in my basement or go hiking in the woods. No one cares how I look! The less laundry the happier I am (and it's better for the environment to do less laundry, too.) :-)
    I actually re-wear mine, too. I don't have a lot of workout clothes and I wear the same matching set of sports bra/running shorts twice before washing. I hang them on the handle of the door to my closet immediately after removing them so they'll be dry when I go to wear them again. Even if I'm going to wash them, they get hung up. Part of my problem is that I have to hand wash the tops because they're lightly padded and in my past experience, the padding gets all bunched up and lumpy when thrown in the washer and dryer. I don't have time to hand wash every day or even every-other.

I really don't sweat a lot when running, it's only when I get inside after I finish that my pores seem to open and I start to drip. The dry air here may have something to do with that, though. As a result, my running clothes don't smell. Lucky me.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I'm a morning workout person, so mine go into the gym bag with the damp towel and then fester in my car all day long. Once I get home, they go straight into a laundry basket and I wash every couple of days.

I do try to unzip the bag in the car (when I remember), so they can have some time to dry out during the day.

I don't spend much on my workout stuff, because the expensive things get ruined just as quickly as the cheap ones. My current faves are my rotation of black Old Navy tanks that I got when they were on sale for $2 this summer....

On a side note....Tide w/Febreeze rocks!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Yikes - Thanks for reminding me I have to go start some laundry. This site is so awesome, but I get side tracked with it!!!! I should be working!!!!! Gonna through in a load first.

Happy workouts:drinker:
  • Mamakat25
    Options
    I put mine on top of the washing machine. Then i go hunting for a bunch of dirty towels to wash with them.
    With a family of 5 we go through a LOT of laundry LOL
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    They go right in my hamper. My wife and I have separate hampers, so she doesn't have to worry about my sweaty clothes.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    <
    is obviously not sweating enough!
    LOL :wink:

I only have 2 pairs of jodphurs but lots of 'sweaty' t-shirts, so my jod's I re-wear if they're dry and all t-shirts go in the wash - open air basket.
    Can't imagine putting them in my wardrobe.. blimey all my clothes would smell! lol
  • KarenLipana
    Options
    Just curious... I wanted to know do you throw your wet, stanky clothes in the hamper, hang them in the shower or throw them in the washer, or other when you finish working out?

I actually have two hampers in my closest one for workout attire (I sweat like no ones business) and another for just worn clothes.
    I used to hang them in the shower overnight and then throw them in my hamper in the morning but I just hate seeing clothes in my bathroom like that and I never know when a guest may stop by.
    An "open air" basket (lots of holes in it) so they can air out.

i have the same thing.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    dirty laundry in my house is usually piled on the floor waiting to be washed. I just throw it on the pile. The funny part is one of my cats loves to sleep in laundry. He used to sleep on the clean laundry (white cat and he loves the dark loads best) but I've noticed as of late he seems to prefer the dirty clothes pile, usually curled up against my sports bras or shirts. You know, the ones that smell the most like me because I've sweated on them the most. I guess he loves me.

(And yes, I never seem to have enough time to put the clean clothes away, especially since I've started working out after work. Clean clothes live in the laundry baskets. Dirty is sorted into piles on the floor. When I have a basket that's mostly empty I shift the rest into another most empty basket and fill it up with dirty. Running a load or two of laundry doesn't take a lot of time, but folding and putting away seems to take more time than I have as of late. At least I'm honest about it.)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I hang mine because i rewear them because, hell i'm just gonna get sweaty and dirty so why dirty new clothes??

I am glad I'm not the only person re-wearing their workout gear! LOL I know some people have a fresh, cute, new workout outfit every day, but I workout in my basement or go hiking in the woods. No one cares how I look! The less laundry the happier I am (and it's better for the environment to do less laundry, too.) :-)

I rewear too. I figure I'm just going to get sweaty again so why bother. I wash every 2 or 3 wears --- and then they go straight into the washer.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Double post - sorry!!

I figure my sweat is just water and salt. both of which are in the water I use to wash my clothes - so no harm, no foul. I mean, they don't stink, I wear deodorant --- if they have an odor they go right to the washing machine.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I rewear too. I figure I'm just going to get sweaty again so why bother. I wash every 2 or 3 wears --- and then they go straight into the washer.

I'm with all you guys! I re-wear as well! I work out in a sports bra and shorts. I get too hot with a tee on. Thank God I work out at home and not at a gym! I'm sure I'd scare someone! LOL! But I don't sweat horribly and I don't like to over wash sports bras as they tend to stretch with too many washings. So ... I work out, hang my clothes on the bathroom closes door knob and once they are dry they get folded and placed in the bathroom closet till the next work out. No stink going on in there either. I have young children ... they tell you when you stink! LOL!