I need advice on workout DVDs...

Options
Hello!

I would like to buy a workout DVD or maybe two of them (just to change them up) and would like to hear your suggestions. So far I've noticed that 30 Day Shred gets raves on here and it is the highest rated DVD in fitness section on Amazon. However, it seems to be quite a hard workout DVD (from what I can see in reviews) and I don't want to kill myself while exercising, but steadily lose weight while getting stronger. My main area of concern is my belly, this is why I was looking at 10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat as well.

What are your suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Replies

• meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    the 30DS can be as hard or as "easy" (ok, not easy, but less hard) as you want it to be. It's effective, but if any part of it is too much you can take it slower. I would recommend it even for beginners.
  • hildawg01
    Options
    I have really enjoyed Jillian Michael's shread video but you are right. It is hard. I also have her fat blast work out DVD and I like that one too. Most of Billy Blanks's Tae Bo DVD's are awesome as well.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump - to answer later...
  • luxual
    Options
    Try DVD like Tracy Anderson (not Dance). Also just rent a few from the library to see what you like.:flowerforyou:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    You want an easy workout? Try a rocking chair. If you want change, you have to work for it. 30 Day shred is 20 minutes. It's jumping jacks & pushups.
    IF I hadn't injured my knee, I'd be doing it every day & I'm 55 yrs old.
    Do you want to improve or make excuses?
  • lam072
    lam072 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check out the web site: www.collagevideo.com

They have a great selection of DVDs and allow you to view a clip before you buy. You could also see about picking out a couple and renting at your local library before purchasing.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Love 30 day Shred & Bob Harper's line too - only prob w/his is there is no variety on each - so gets old quick. I basically rely on those when I'm bored and just need someone else to train me! They are worth the investment though!
  • laitae
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! I feel I am in a pretty good shape as I've been cycling regularly and walking long distances quite often, so I am looking for a workout that I can incorporate into my cycling routine (like 10 minutes of this and 10 minutes of cycling, then again another 10 minutes of working out, etc.). Can you tell me if there are any "tools" required for this DVD? Like stepper or weights? I wouldn't like to buy those and I actually wanted to ask about it in my post *doh* Thanks!
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam. It comes with 6 different workouts and really works your abs! It has a low impact version one each workout and then as you feel stronger you can work up the intensity. I am a beginner and it is just right for me! Good luck!
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Another suggestion - if you have a good library locally, go check some out - hopefully they're up to date. Then you can see which one you like before you buy. I've done that too!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones, 30 Day Shred, any of the Turbo Jams (they have one specifically focused on abs called Ab Jam), Biggest Loser ones are good as well.
  • laitae
    Options
    No, I didn't mean an easy workout at all, just something I could use to incorporate into my current routine. I like rocking chairs though:)
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Netflix has fitness dvds via instant or thru the mail.
  • mlcastillo_2
    Options
    i cant get enough of turbo jam and turbo fire dvds. theyre sooo much fun!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I LOVE turbo jam and tae bo!!!! You can go as hard or as easy as you want! On each DVD there is someone doing a modified version of the excersises for beginners or people with joint problems!!!!
  • laitae
    Options
    Oh, thanks, what a cool website and good way to see if I like something before I buy it:)
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Also check out TotalFitnessdvds.com. Great selection, clips, and fabulous service. You can preview dvds there and make your selections.
  • laitae
    Options
    Thank you:):flowerforyou:
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    ChaLean extreme is the one i am doing and i love love love it. Never had more fun doing a strength training, plyo, cardio program in my life. I have already done it for 90 days and i am doing another round with selectable weights.