Sweet Kugle Recipe: What's the best protein noodle to swap for the traditional egg noodles?

Options
colhan1234
colhan1234 Posts: 1 Member
Looking into making a sweet Kugle (egg noodles, apples, sugar, cinnamon, jam, raisins, etc casserole type thing) for the upcoming holidays.

I already have low cal/high nutrient/healthy swaps for most of the empty calorie ingredients such as white granulated sugar, however I can't find a good replacement for the traditional egg noodles.

Being a vegetarian (and vegan sympathizer lol), I have TONS of high protein, superfood pastas that I enjoy regularly... Unfortunately, none of them are even close to "egg noodles" in concept...
I believe this dish is traditionally Jewish/Eastern European (not sure if that helps).

Any thoughts, advice, brainstorms would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance <3

Replies

• mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I've used chickpea noodles and buckwheat noodles. My favorite are spinach, although they're not higher in protein than regular egg noodles. Kugel is supposed to be made with wider egg noodles. I'm sorry not to have seen your post until after the holidays were all behind us!