Strange friend requests.

Options
I am not an unfriendly person but since I put my first post tonight I have had two complete strangers put a friend request in. Wouldn't it be more acceptable to initially make contact via these boards, it seems a little strange to me.

Replies

• idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people like your answer and just skip the message board. In that case, they should at least write a message :)
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It's the profile pic. Who could resist those eyes?
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Me too, but as long as they don't get weird I don't mind it's all inspiration for my feed, we're all here to help each other anyway, so they'll see my progress I'll see there's. :) x
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    That's normal for MFP - it's a trust issue. Choose your friends wisely! I've friended MANY strangers & haven't had a problem yet. I don't think there is any information on here that I should be concerned about.
    Best wishes in your journey & I'm glad you found MFP!
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've been on here 50 days and I'm only friends with complete strangers!! I've 'met' some lovely REALLY supportive people from annonomous friend requests. I think if u put a post on the forum and people understand where you're coming from, then they request you . .take it as a compliment :)
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Put a note on your profile that friend requests must be accompanied by a message as to why they're adding you. If they don't include a message then that means they didn't read your profile or care to learn anything about you!
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    I have friend requested a few people before making contact a few times. Sometimes people post things that agree with your way of thinking so much you think they will become a good friend. I also have friend requested people that used to have similar builds as mine a few months ago, and are headed to where I want to be. These people are great for motivation and advice for me.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Now I feel oddly compelled to friend you.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You introducing yourself means pretty much that you are new. We support each other and having friends is the way to motivate us. It's a positive and it's not strange at all. I usually skip the forum and just send a friend request with a message.
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The Bible says, "To have friends one must show himself friendly." Prov 18:24

We're all in this 2gether we all have similar if not the same goals...To Lose Weight! It's not so unfamiliar :noway:

WELCOME!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    There's nothing strange about it, this is what happens on mfp!!
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You introducing yourself means pretty much that you are new. We support each other and having friends is the way to motivate us. It's a positive and it's not strange at all. I usually skip the forum and just send a friend request with a message.

This.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Well that explains why you didn't accept....sorry but I just love stalking random people!
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    all my friends are strange.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

Deleted
  • abow29
    Options
    come on, don't be so picky...everyone here is trying to achieve the same goal: lose weight, be fitter and healthier, etc....I always accept friend requests from people on MFP even if they don't include a message. It's no big deal - try to relax and just take advantage of the site. Be happy that people are adding you as a friend instead of complaining about it.
  • benodie
    Options
    lol!
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options

Deleted

Reported!
  • benodie
    Options

Deleted

Reported!
    Why? I don't understand?
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    LOL! You guys are funny. I get those strange request too but I add everyone and first give them a chance to shoot me some motivating comments. If anyone sends me an awkward message on the side I remove them also telling them why. LOL