B12 Shot/ 500 Calories A Day/ Protein & Veggy Only Diet! Any

Options
Hello, From A Newbie to MFP,

I've been on this diet seeing a special dietician in NY, but just curious to see who else is on this same diet and to share expreinces/stories..... I've lost 15 LBS so far and started 1st week in august.

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I dont know who your dietician is but a 500 cal a day diet is very dangerous. Your basically starving your body. I dont know how much weight you have to lose vut I would ask some questions because this sounds very dangerous
  • Janetlabori
    Options
    I'm on a program similar to yours. It's 600 calories a day/protein and vegetables. I can eat anything I want as long as the calories do not exceed 200 per meal and low on sugar and carbs. I also get b6-b12 vitamins shots and HCG SHOT. I have lost 40 pounds since June 8, 2011. Still have 15 to go. You can add me if you want to mfp friends.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. How long does this last for? If more than a short while I'd be concerned. Not being a party pooper honestly, but I'd imagine you're going to start feeling drained, when I did a detox I didn't have any energy to exercise and slept a lot :-(
  • lilsunshinecc
    lilsunshinecc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nope, its very safe. I consulted 2 of my primary physicians and have about 6 friends who went and have lost alot of weight and have great health life styles now.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    And you would have lost 15 pounds by eating 1200 calories a day too, I bet. But, congrats anyways!
  • Janetlabori
    Options
    The calories are low but I suppose she gets a bunch of vitamins as suplements.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I also agree. I'd be asking to see this person's credentials. That sounds like craziness. Sure, you'll lose the weight, but guaranteed that you will gain all of it back and then some as soon as you're done with the "diet". I do have a suggestion for some weight loss though, RUN away from this crazy person who is starving you!!!
  • JLynnH0209
    Options
    I am curious about the B12 shots. I have heard ppl talk about how great they are. I asked my doc what I can do to help with my energy, and she said nothing :(
  • lilsunshinecc
    Options
    I feel great everyday! Especially, after injecting myself every morning with the B12 shot.... and im always full after eating. Protein and veggies!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Don't agree with the concept of eating too low with supplemental injections and hcg is ****
  • lilsunshinecc
    Options
    Nah B12 shot gives u great energy, but if theres not a dietician around u that can give them to u to take while at home ect, i wud strongly advise the actual B12 vitamins!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Nope, its very safe. I consulted 2 of my primary physicians and have about 6 friends who went and have lost alot of weight and have great health life styles now.

You may have friends that have had great luck with this "diet" but how long has it been since they've lost that weight? Is this "plan" sustainable? How do you maintain your weight loss?

It sure sounds too good to be true to me....
  • ChelseaL618
    ChelseaL618 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Unless you plan on only eating 500 calories a day long term (aka forever) the weight loss wont last. Even if you only plan to use this diet to loose weight fast and then plan on eating a healthy diet once you reach your goal weight, it still wont work. Your metabolism has probably slowed so much that when you start to eat a healthy amount of calories again your body will pack on fat because your metabolism will be in starvation mode. Also, make sure you are taking a multi-vitamin.
  • lilsunshinecc
    Options
    Well in my area, The group of Physicians i go to in NY, One of them is called Dr. Craig Title, You can google him and u'll see the creds etc. Also, my sister in CA, is on the same diet and set the same things. Like the shot. amino acid pills and also a strong dosage multivitamin. Also we have to take vitamin c and a calcium vitamin each day.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    um HOW does this train you to eat healthy meals in moderate portions & exercise regularly? This isn't about HEALTH, it's about being thin - regardless of the cost to your health.
    I've heard of ppl who lose their hair & have had organ failure on this diet - HOW is that healthy!?
    and are you learning healthy eating habits? what foods are nutritious? Do you strength train for your bones & muscles!?

POW's get this same spa treatment and don't have to pay for it
  • lilsunshinecc
    Options
    Nope! If u google the diet you u read that it actually speeds up ur metabolism. And also after the diet, you can continue to eat healthy and take own over the counter vitamins and still keep the weight off. I have a hand ful of friends who after years still the weight is off. :wink:
  • lilsunshinecc
    Options
    Yes, exercise daily at least 40 minutes each day. And also is a meal plan guide we are given to help us, almost like a point system, 20 points a day similar to weight watchers....etc.
  • lilsunshinecc
    Options
    Lets see... lol i'ma send a freind request
  • irisherin82
    irisherin82 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've done the vitamin B6 and B12 injections, with a very strict diet to follow. I didn't follow the diet as strict as they wanted because I didn't have enough energy to exercise, and I wanted to do strength training to make sure I didn't have excess skin when I lost weight. I wanted to tone up while losing the weight. I did lose a good amount of weight over a 6 month period, but as soon as I stopped getting the injections I put the weight back on and even more. I've thought about doing the shots again because it was great to lose the weight as quickly as you do, but you have to make sure you follow the strict eating afterwards, otherwise you will put the weight back on.

Good luck to you!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this is a joke??