Help me

Options
I walk up to 2 or 3 miles everyday, eat healthy about 1000 to 1200 calories a day. I also do weight lifting 2 time a week, ride a bike a 1 to 2 miles every other day. I have not lost any weight this month and I’m about to give up. I really need lot lose 100lbs to be at a healthy weight.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    If you are logging accurately you have lost fat weight. Adding exercise is likely adding water weight. The bathroom scale weighs your entire weight and cannot tell you that you have made progress. Here is an article to read:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

It is very important to work on nailing down your logging. Using a food scale is the best way to make sure you log your portions correctly. Using things like measuring cups designed for liquids to measure solids is a major source of errors. Also the MFP database is full of errors. You need to be personally verifying that the calories match a label or a site like the USDA. This includes green checked items and scanned items.

If you are really only eating 1000-1200 calories a day though your plan is not going to be sustainable. You are trying to eat healthy but you are not really doing it. You have to eat the correct number of calories to be healthy. Put your information into MFP and get an assigned calorie goal and try to eat close to that goal each day. As someone who has lost far more than 100 pounds trust that this takes time no matter how you do it and the faster you try to go the faster you may flame out. I have done it millions of times (it seems).

Try to think of weight loss as something you allow to happen, not something you force to happen.

Also, keep in mind that your goal today is not to lose 100 pounds. It is to lose a small fraction of a pound. That is all you can possibly and healthily lose today so invest the amount of mental effort into it for the results that you get physically out of it.

The good news is that it is very possible that in the next few days or week you may get your first "whoosh" and you will drop a lot of water weight fast. This will likely be a very annoying trend of how weight loss will work for you. I have spent over 2.5 years watching my scale catch up with my losses (250+ pounds of them) after a whoosh about every 3 weeks.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh everything you eat? Do you pick the right entries from the database? Some of the entries in the database are incorrect. Is your food diary open to the public? Tons of knowledgeable people here can help you with counting calories.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh everything you eat? Do you pick the right entries from the database? Some of the entries in the database are incorrect. Is your food diary open to the public? Tons of knowledgeable people here can help you with counting calories.

^^^

Oh oh! If the OP returns she’s going to be angry about your suggestions! 😂😂😂
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

^^^

And making fun of new members is a great way to encourage people to stick around and give this place a chance.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

^^^

And making fun of new members is a great way to encourage people to stick around and give this place a chance.

If you had read the other thread she posted, you wouldn’t be defending her. She told us all that we have no idea what we’re talking about and she doesn’t need advice from clueless people. This woman gets 0 sympathy from me. 🤷🏻‍♀️