Sneaky Workout Attire

So my schedule is jam packed this month and I do not think I will be able to workout as often as I'd like. With the weather cooling off, there is a little park by my work where I've been walking on my lunch breaks.

My only dilemma is my clothing. I need to look professional for work and I don't have time to change in and out, but working out in slacks or jeans is really uncomfortable. I have 1 sneaky outfit that can double as professional and workout:

A long button up sweater with a sleeveless undershirt, leggings, and boots. I keep tennis shoes in my car, ditch the sweater and boom... workout attire in minutes.

I have 2 long sweaters that I can do this with, but they are getting a bit repetitive. Any other ideas? I don't have a ton of long tunics to go with leggings.

Replies

• littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Do you have any dresses? I'll quite often wear leggings under a dress.
    Swap dress for t-shirt, trainers on, done.

Or short length leggings under the slacks? Although you might cook if it's very warm in the office.

I'm lazy and will just put my trainers on with whatever I'm wearing and walk.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    OOOh that did remind me of a couple of dresses I have that might work!
  • ageingtechno
    ageingtechno Posts: 22 Member
    Why not just put on walking shoes and go for it. If the intention is to walk and not work out, i.e., no sweating, just change your footwear and off you go.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm actually at work right now in my (black) workout leggings and a dress with a cami.
    If I throw on some gym shoes and a workout top, I'm good to go.
    Leggings are my main staple when the weather gets cold bc I can pair in with a long sweater that covers my *kitten* or a dress.
    Super quick and easy!

I run/walk/jog on my lunch break at work so quick an easy outfits are my favorite.

edit: I also have a couple pairs of these - They look like jeans but they are super comfy pull on leggings :)

p50to0hzebsq.png

fblr8xl88wjl.png

• breefoshee
    Why not just put on walking shoes and go for it. If the intention is to walk and not work out, i.e., no sweating, just change your footwear and off you go.

Lol because I do sweat during my walk (I am in Louisiana even on cooler days it is 72 on lunch) and I have walked in my work pants or jeans but they promote chafing.
  • breefoshee
    I'm actually at work right now in my (black) workout leggings and a dress with a cami.
    If I throw on some gym shoes and a workout top, I'm good to go.
    Leggings are my main staple when the weather gets cold bc I can pair in with a long sweater that covers my *kitten* or a dress.
    Super quick and easy!

I run/walk/jog on my lunch break at work so quick an easy outfits are my favorite.

edit: I also have a couple pairs of these - They look like jeans but they are super comfy pull on leggings :)

p50to0hzebsq.png

fblr8xl88wjl.png

That is what I am wearing today! After this post, I remembered that I have some dresses that I hate by themselves but actually don't look bad paired with leggings and a cardigan.

I love getting a walk in on my lunch break so I can just go home after work and get other things done.
  • breefoshee
    Just saw that you posted the pictures. I will definitely check those out!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited November 2020
    breefoshee wrote: »
    Just saw that you posted the pictures. I will definitely check those out!

They are from Jane.com

https://jane.com/deal/1138195/jean-jeggings-s-2x
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Arc'teryx.
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    Good heavy black leggings. TKMAXX is the best place for them in the sports section. Easy to wear with a vest top under a loose dress or skirt or a tunic top with boots and swap to trainers and pop off your dress to work out.
  • TurquiseTurtle7
    TurquiseTurtle7 Posts: 16 Member
    I was going to suggest leggings and a tunic top but it sounds like you've already thought of that.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Check out Athleta, they have many options that go from work to work out in a flash. They are made with technical fabric just in case you do break a sweat!
  • crystal075
    crystal075 Posts: 33 Member
    Lululemon has their collection that is street wear and can work as sweat gear if you need.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    I often wear long skirts with leggings under.