New- Needing inspirational/supportive words?

Options
I'm new to MyFitnessPal, I guess I hit "rock bottom" a little over a week ago when I went to the doctor and saw the scale hit 200. Scary.
I decided to try the Nutrisystem diet, but my family and friends don't understand. I'd love to find a group of people that are going through the same thing I am.

Replies

• staceybr01
    Options
    Hi Danik!

How is nutrasystem going for you so far? I used it a few years ago and had trouble staying on it, but I hear the food has gotten much better. Welcome!
  • Ritamas2
    Options
    Hello and welcome,:flowerforyou:
    You have certainly come to the right place..we are all
    in the same boat here, you will find some amazing people
    here who understand just how difficult this journey can be,
    but also how rewarding.

The support is amazing and the tools are fantastic too!
    So I wish you much success in reaching all of your weigt-
    loss goals, together we can do this! Please feel free to add me for support and motivation!:smile:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    welcome. You will find nothing but support here and an easy to use system. I have dropped 20 pounds and still losing. I was over 200 and really having self esteem issues. But now I am starting to see a difference and getting to wear smaller sizes. It feels so good. I would like to send you a friend request, but do not feel obligated. Good luck to you, you have come to the right place.
  • pvtnick
    pvtnick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that. Make sure that you take the time to learn how to change your diet and exercise while you are on it because I have heard quite a few people complain that they lose a lot while on Nutrisystem but when they go off they gain it all back and then some. Still, I wish you the best of luck with your long term goals.
  • Bluejay789
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it. If I can drop 20 pounds you can too! I started at 190... now 170.... I am 5.4. Got 40 to go.

.... Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in my life have I done anything like MFP.

I get to eat my own food, get really good advice, support, and encouragement from MFP friends and drop weight.

You can do it... send friend request if you want.

Claire